System #03 (CLX 25th Anniversary)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
Ken Scollick

Michigan

CLX 25th. anniversary edition Purchased May 2009

The Cd Player is a Wadia 781 iSE with the GNSC Statement Modification

I also added the Wadia Ipod dock this is a great little item for casual listening, the sound quality is quite remarkable even at the lowest sampling rate. plus it has the cutest remote looks like a supersize chicklet.

Amps are Krell EVO 400's

And of course the Speakers are CLX's Without a doubt the finest Speakers I have had in my system

All cables are Synergistic Research At the advice of Ted Denny I elevated all of the cables with some homemaid myrtle wood blocks

Tesla T3's on the Speakers
Tesla T3 on the SR Quattro
Tesla Hologram D on the Wadia
Tesla Hologram A's on the Krells
The Interconnect is a Tesla Apex Balanced
Speaker Cables are Synergistic Research Tesla Apex
All of the SR cables are powered by A Quattro

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4,710
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4,200
  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 4,138
Last edited:
Nice Pics Ken! Makes me wish I could upgrade to a larger pair of MLs! What's that Poindexter dude doing there- Just kidding! Maybe you could submit a CD review! Thanks for the support and welcome aboard the new site!

Jason

Nice System!

Wish I could upgrade to a larger pair of MLs! Any upgrades down the road?

I think the next upgrade is to get rid of the big box between the speakers. I would like to get a couple of tube traps.

I am really satisfied with all of the components, but may try some Synergistic Research speaker cables.

Ken,

I was in the same situation as you with the "box" in between the speakers! I sold my TV and I have to tell you I'm glad I did my soundstage and imaging returned once again. Nice setup there! ;)

Very very nice! Martin Logans, Krell and Wadia all add up to one thing, awesome sound! Great pix BTW. :)

SV

who did the IEC mod on the Krell for you? how is that working out?

I did the minor surgery. Took me about a half hour. The chassis is aluminum and the hole is pretty big when you remove the captive pc. I used a file to enlarge the hole. pretty simple really. If you are thinking about it I have a couple extra 20 amp iec's

I guess the Super Bowl party is at your house....... And in top notch stereo sound..... Being serious... I have alot of envy over your having those speakers.... wish I could afford them and I wish I had that amount of room to use.... someday !!!!!!!

The big box is gone

I finally got rid of the big box, Replaced it with a Samsung 50" Plasma and the imaging is greatly improved.

Also replaced the Kimber 3035's with Designer Reference speaker cables.

All in all im very happy with the changess.

Also I have to give a plug to Tigerdirect.com I ordered the TV on Tuesday and had it on Thursday, definately a good operation.

I have replaced the interconnect and speaker wires with Synergistic Research Tesla Apex. These wires are simply amazing taking my set up to a new level, The detail and extension are greatly improved. the soundstage was great before but now is even more defined. the cables are also visually stunning. The cover is called Gold Standard, when viewed in normal lighting it is black with gold threads running through it. But as you can see in the pictures looks like white flourescant in strong light.

Sonically and Visually the cables deserve four stars.

Ken,

I remember oogling over your system when you had that monster projection tv between the Prods.... now that is gone and you have really cleaned up the front stage! Sweetness.

I noticed you use Acoustic Zen speaker wires, you like them over what brand that you had before?

Joey

Ken,

I remember oogling over your system when you had that monster projection tv between the Prods.... now that is gone and you have really cleaned up the front stage! Sweetness.

I noticed you use Acoustic Zen speaker wires, you like them over what brand that you had before?

Joey

Joey, they aren't Acoustic Zen, they are Synergistic Research Tesla's. I agree with Kenscollic's choices. I think Synergistic Research makes the finest cables I've heard, and use them exclusively in my system as well - though I have yet to hear the Tesla's (somewhat by choice - I'm sure I'd be hooked).

Very nice simple system. It looks like you're also using a BDR "Shelf" under the Wadia, is that correct? I'm a big Black Diamond Racing fan also.

Last edited:
Joey, they aren't Acoustic Zen, they are Synergistic Research Tesla's. I agree with Kenscollic's choices. I think Synergistic Research makes the finest cables I've heard, and use them exclusively in my system as weel - though I have yet to hear the Tesla's (somewhat by choice - I'm sure I'd be hooked).

Very nice simple system. It looks like you're also using a BDR "Shelf" under the Wadia, is that correct? I'm a big Black Diamond Racing fan also.

Oops, my bad.... it's amazing that I only go by the shiny reflective white color and I immediately assume it's acoustic zen.

Joey :(

Good eye Mitt, Yes Synergistic research cables all around. You might want to talk to Ted or Elliott they are giving me a pretty generous trade on the Tesla's

I will be upgrading all of my power cords very soon. I will report my findings

That is a BDR self under the Wadia, I am a firm believer in isolation.

Sorry for the late reply, It is tough to name a price as I traded all my old SR cables, they gave me a very generous trade toward my upgrade, Also Ted and Elliot were great to work with. To my knowledge SR cables are not discounted They may seem expensive at first but they come with a lifetime upgrade program.

Power cords!

Ken,
I noticed you have upgraded the power cords on your MLs. I had a thread going about this very thing. What have been your impressions with the new power cord? Any dif?

Doug - out

Latest posts

Back