Power Conditioner for BalancedForce 212?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandeep

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the ML BalancedForce 212 comes with inbuilt power conditioner ? I use ISOtek Evo and Premiere kit and was thinking if i should just get the isotek premiere cord and connect to a good quality surge protector on to a different circuit.

I asked the question to Paradigm for my Sub-15 and they said not to use any power conditioner. It has built in and any other power filtration will interfere.

Adding the reply i have received from ML

To power filters, yes, you can have too much of a good thing and depending on design of the filters, you can overdamp a line, or create some current on rush limiting. Isotech is an excellent brand so I wouldn’t fear it. Since most sub amps are switching power supplies so they can get max output with high efficiency, there is potential for some high frequency noise being created. Nothing in the design descriptions make me believe that there will be an issue with your Isotech. The general recommendation of not wanting one is because most people use a cheap power strip witch can create issues. Experiment away. As to power cable, by all means. Your Montis will like them as well.

Peter Soderberg
Western Regional Director
MartinLogan LTD

Back