Studio 2's ....Up and running !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
man this seems weird, me posting about speakers I own that are not Logan's.......... anyways my Revel Studio 2's are up and running, tweaking their positioning.

All is good ! ....................:D

IMG_0615.jpg

Wow. Awesome. How are they and ... What are those round things in the middle of that box thingy ?

Timm, in a word ...... 'superb' !

LOL !! ....... I fully expect to get some serious abuse over this !

Haha. But... I think 'superb' is good? :rocker: very cool.

man this seems weird, me posting about speakers I own that are not Logan's.......... anyways my Revel Studio 2's are up and running, tweaking their positioning.

View attachment 18482

Everything looks great and congratulations on your latest acquisition.

I am curious never seen this combination before but I am sure the sound is amazing.

The tweeter and midrange of each Revel being driven by Rogue Audio vacuum tube monoblocks. Both Revel twin woofers being driven by Plinius Stereo power amp.

All three power amps attached to Audio Research preamp.

Or,

Rogue mono's connected to AR preamp. And Plinius power amp connected to variable out of Cary Player. Fixed line out of the Cary attached to the AR preamp.

Please enlighten us how you have connected or set up the audio equipment. Only if you have the time and inclination to do the above. Many thanks for your reply in advance.

Have fun listening to music!

Hi Rehan, currently the Revel's are being driven by my Rogue M-180's, once the warmer weather gets here I'll switch over to my Plinius. It's easier on ambient room temps, especially when it's not biased into full class A operation.

Ooh. Nice pickup rehan. So Dave my assumption is that the revels have two sets of binding posts and your arc has two active 'outs'?? Could you bi/tri amp?? Curious what is the freq response on the revels?

Ooh. Nice pickup rehan. So Dave my assumption is that the revels have two sets of binding posts and your arc has two active 'outs'??

yes to both, I'm currently using the second 'outs' on my LS-27 to feed my Velodyne DD15

Could you bi/tri amp??

could, but don't care to....

Curious what is the freq response on the revels?

-3db from 32hz - 45khz

Last edited:
Definitely with you on the SS in the summer/valves in the winter thing. Don't sell either Dave...

Took a break from the Accuphase M-60 monos last night and went back to the 211s (yes I know that's the wrong way round:D), just because I hadn't done so for a long time. No way am I selling the 211s and I am so glad I didn't. I very nearly did.

It is just so nice to have the contrast/change every now and then.

Definitely with you on the SS in the summer/valves in the winter thing. Don't sell either Dave...

Took a break from the Accuphase M-60 monos last night and went back to the 211s (yes I know that's the wrong way round:D), just because I hadn't done so for a long time. No way am I selling the 211s and I am so glad I didn't. I very nearly did.

It is just so nice to have the contrast/change every now and then.
Justin, you should do a comparative review here.

Yes. Would be intersting.

Well, one sounds like a very good valve amp, and the other sounds like a very good pair of SS monos. I think we all know the kind of attributes that are associated with each type.

I am currently also using an Apart Champ One class G/H amp. That has a tube switch on the back which is supposed to switch between solid state and valve amp sound. It does so by reducing the damping factor. This should affect the bass response. I haven't tried it on the Apogees yet, and I can hear no difference really with my liddle M&Ds.

Interesting amp - manual here. It is discontinued now and I paid £200 for it. Bargain:)

B

I can't help thinking "Heresy"...and I'm not talking Klipsch!

Latest posts

Back