Wyred 4 sound recovery

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Ok .. I put this gizmo in about two hours ago. And it is essentially a reclocker and jitter/noise reducer for USB which sits between PC and dac.

I will not commit until I do an a/b but so far I lean towards 'better'. I thought everything sounded fine but I had this Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket so I figured 'why not?' I'll post as it gets more hours and I will a/b in and out of the system.

So far playing dsd from a PC via jriver into a ps audio directstream. That's the setup anyway for reference

Ok .. I put this gizmo in about two hours ago. And it is essentially a reclocker and jitter/noise reducer for USB which sits between PC and dac.

I will not commit until I do an a/b but so far I lean towards 'better'. I thought everything sounded fine but I had this Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket so I figured 'why not?' I'll post as it gets more hours and I will a/b in and out of the system.

So far playing dsd from a PC via jriver into a ps audio directstream. That's the setup anyway for reference

Okay...help me understand a little better.

Isn't the DAC's job to reclock and eliminate jitter? In theory you should be able to feed it poor audio and it should come out sounded pretty decent?

Back