I had way too much fun!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuwee

Reaction score
A fellow 'phile from Wyoming and his lovely wife came to Tucson to hear the Summits, they'd never heard electrostats before, only my rantings over the last 5 years...he has K-horns that have be modded within an inch of their life...drivers/crossovers/cabs...driven by WOPL power (whats a WOPL? White Oak Phase Linear 400 and 700 series amps...don't snicker, these are amazing amps). More info on them at phoenix audio community forums.

First was from his wife on how gorgeous they looked, then they were blown away by the sound stage I've been able to coax out of them on the long wall (6 1/2 feet apart, 8 feet to each side wall, panels 3 feet from the back wall). K-horns are not known for sound stage but, they were beyond impressed and said "Now I know what all this 'stat sound is about and why you love them so much". They're thinking of a pair in another system!

We played various tunes of all genre on Vinyl, Cd and Cassette, Waaaay too much fun :music:

He had never heard Supertramp ~ Crime of the Century in it's entirety, well, I whipped out a first pressing MFSL Lp on the Thorens and he just melted into the couch , priceless!!

A few pics of the meeting ! SAE Lee visit.jpg That amp ain't big enough!! ! SAE Lee visit.1.jpg no side wall is a good side wall, SAE just loafing along at about 5 watts ! SAE Lee visit.2.jpg Left speaker with Lee and Katie girl, Marantz HD880's do HT duty

Back