Emotiva's latest modular amp.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCHeliGuy

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I know that many of you prefer other amps for your Martin Logan speakers.

However I find this new modular amplifier very interesting. You can buy it in a 2 - 7 channel configuration and you can add channels at any time for the cost of the additional module plus shipping.

It uses a centralized switching power supply that can drive up to 200W into 7 channels at 8ohm simultaneously, 250W into 5 channels, 275W into 3 channels.

In a 2 channel configuration it is rated at

8 ohms 300W
4 ohms 550W
2 ohms 800W

I like the fact that they rate it down to 2 ohms especially for our needs. Also impressive is that it is built to run on 100-250V with higher power capability at 240V. This is one way to get the power of separate amps on their own dedicated 20A circuits on a single 240V circuit.

They claim that the power supply is capable of generating 3 kW of power !

The specs are reasonably impressive.

modularamp.jpg

Last edited:
RCHeliGuy have you had the opportunity to listen to the above Gen3 2 channel power amp?

If yes, and if you have time, then could you please describe 3 or 4 salient features of the amplifier performance or audio.

Thanks very much in advance for investment of time and effort.

RCHeliGuy have you had the opportunity to listen to the above Gen3 2 channel power amp?

If yes, and if you have time, then could you please describe 3 or 4 salient features of the amplifier performance or audio.

Thanks very much in advance for investment of time and effort.

I like the concept in terms of utility. On paper it makes sense and they've brought all the manufacturing back to the US which is nice.

Sorry, I don't spend time swapping out components and I refuse to get caught up in that cycle. I'm happy with how my system sounds and until my needs change I don't expect my system to change.

I expect my next purchases to be a 4K UHD player whenever OPPO releases one and there is some media for it along with a major upgrade to my media room display, but that's all I have planned.

Large reduction in sale price of 2015 model Sony 4K UHD smart TV's.

Website is Amazon USA filed in Electronics section.

I just had a lightning strike and replaced the Samsung 65" HD TV in my den with a Samsung 65" UHD TV, so I'm already streaming UHD Netflix content which isn't bad, but motion compression artifacts are still pretty noticeable. I purchased both TV's from Amazon.

I'm not in a rush. 65" UHD TV's have come way down in price the last 3 years and I hate to throw too much away on quickly depreciating electronics. I'm waiting for the 80-85" UHD TV's come down a bit more and I might even wait for the OLED to come into its own. The main issue with it seems to be the the OLED pixels tend to wear out compared to back-lit LED's.

Everything I've got works fine and I'll replace it when it fails or when I feel like a given technology has matured.

Latest posts

Back