System #509 (Montis, Stage-X, EM-FX2)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandeep

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Sandeep

2. Location: Melbourne (Australia)

3. ML Model(s): Montis, Stage-X, EM-FX2, EM-FX, BalancedForce Sub 212, EM-R (on its way)

4. Year Purchased: 2016

5. Mods/Changes: Synergestic Research Black Quantum Fuse .

2 Channel Setup :
Oppo BDP 105Darbee (dedicated 2 ch analogue out)
PrimaLuna Prologue Dialogue Premium Tube Pre-Amp
Anthem A5 Power Amplifier
Martin Logan Montis
ISoTek Aquarius Power conditioner and Premiere cable.

Dolby Atmos Setup:
Oppe BDP 105D (Darbee enabled) , split A/V out, 7.1 Analogue Out for DVD-Audio and 5.1 SACD playback, HDMI Bitstream for BluRay Audio out.
Anthem AVM60 Atmod/DTS:X Processor/Preamp.
Martin Logan Montis
Martin Logan Stage X
Martin Logan Electromotion EM-FX2
Martin Logan BalancedForce 212 Subwoofer
Martin Logan EM-FX
Paradigm Sa-15R 8" ceiling speakers
JVC DLA-X700B (ISF Level 2 calibrated to REC 709 color space)
Screen Technics 130" screen
Anthem statement A5 Power Amplifier
Rotel RMB-1075 5ch Power Amplifier

P1170024.jpg

Accessories :
Van Den Hul XLR, The Name RCA & The Surf Hybrid RCA interconnects, BCD LGD RCA directional RCA interconnect, Transparent Audio Music Link Plus RCA directional interconnect for 2ch setup, Van Den Hul "The Magnum Hybrid" speaker cables, ISoTek Evo3 Aquarius power conditioner and Premiere cords.

Before Room Treatment:
P1170016.jpgP1170020.jpg

After Room Treatment:
GIK Accoustics Bass traps (4 corners), Monster Traps (rear wall) , 2" Broadband Panels (front wall, side walls, ceiling), PBK EQ, Audyssey Multeq XT32 , REW (Behringer Mic 8000).
P1170037.jpg
SPL before_g vs after_p.jpg

Last edited:
Nice HT rig Sandeep, strange name, your parents not like you ?

The name, Sandeep, I checked, means A virtuous Light or Enlightened.

I will be auditioning soon a stereo Anthem power amp. I was curious, if you could enlighten me as to how does the Anthem A5 perform when music is played through this amplifier. Thanks.

The name, Sandeep, I checked, means A virtuous Light or Enlightened.

I will be auditioning soon a stereo Anthem power amp. I was curious, if you could enlighten me as to how does the Anthem A5 perform when music is played through this amplifier. Thanks.

I auditioned the Anthem A5 and the next level P2 with same setup and didn't hear any difference . The sonic signature was neutral and the P2 didn't added any flavour . Also, the A5 and A2 internal design are using the same concept, therefore it may not make any difference.

I auditioned the Anthem A5 and the next level P2 with same setup and didn't hear any difference . The sonic signature was neutral and the P2 didn't added any flavour . Also, the A5 and A2 internal design are using the same concept, therefore it may not make any difference.

Sandeep thanks once again for your response.

Nice HT rig Sandeep, strange name, your parents not like you ?
They still love me and so was the reason i have not changed my name yet :) Otherwise, my name would be "Scheherazade" , if you can pronounce.

Primaluna.jpg

Upgrading from Primaluna Prologue premium preamp to Dialogue Premium preamp which will match the Anthem A5 input impedance perfectly without compromise. Also, will swap the Marantz SR7009 with Anthem AVM60 processor and PVA4 power amp.

instead of PVA4, went for a used Rotel RMB-1075 125w all channel - 5 channel amplifier for powering the SBR and T-Middle height speakers. Anthem AVM60 Processor is arriving to replace the SR7009.

Last edited:
Dual Power Amplifier shelves - ‪Anthem‬ A5 and ‪Rotel‬ RMB-1075 = Ready for AVM60 7.1.
12931071_1057286334330308_2556770204104798105_n.jpg

Martin Logan BalancedForce 212 - new addition

212.jpg

Martin Logan BalancedForce 212 - new addition

Very nice.

I am considering upgrade from Source to the Montis. How do you like them?

bikerneil

Hello Bikerneil. I had the Source several years ago, I moved to the Vantage and now I have the Montis. You will feel you never had speakers before. The difference is absolutely amazing. Totally recomend the move.

Rodolfo Molina

Hola bikerneil. Rodolfo is my customer (hola Rodolfo) and I gave to him, the advice to get the Montis instead the Summits X. In the Summits X, you have two power amps driving each of the two 10" woofers on each speaker. Of course the Summits X are great speakers too. One thing that I find the Summits X a little customer´s confusing its the two bass controls for your room acoustics. . These two controls are: one for 50Hz and the other is for 25Hz, both +-10dB. They almost act in a parametric way.

On the Montis you have a volume control for the bass energy, starting from 100Hz to below with +-10dB. You can precisely adjust the bass energy that you need right at your golden seating position.

I do believe that the Summits are more designed for bigger rooms than the Montis. The stat panel has the same size as the Summits, but only one power amp for one 10" woofer. I assure you that the Montis are not bass shy. I do believe that the Montis are a great speaker. You can't go wrong with them. If you make comparisons between both models, the truth is that you will get more bass energy coming from the Summit X.

Try to listen to both models, and choose the one that your ears liked more. I can say that you will be with any of these beasts, having great resolution, tons of stage, and a very happy listening!

Regards from Costa Rica!

Last edited:
Thank you for your detailed reply. My room size is not large by any means, so this answer is very helpful. I will focus on the Montis.

Regards from Southern California......... :rolleyes:

Thank you for your detailed reply. My room size is not large by any means, so this answer is very helpful. I will focus on the Montis.

Regards from Southern California......... :rolleyes:

Roberto is spot on .. There is a good difference between Ethos and Montis but barely any difference i heard between Montis and Summitx. That is why i got the Montis and the bass is very good. since i use the speaker also as HT setup, the Sub 212 is a treat on the top .. now i use Sub 212 custom profile Montis-10DB and set the Montis to -10DB for music listening. There is not much impact between 80-100hz when you dial down -10db, the slope begins from 80hz and take its steep below 40hz. I am now using the Sub212 for music listening.. the 212 can go low and have more dynamics and clarity. It also helps your Montis woofers to work less and your amp to provide more clean and stable power to the Montis ES planel.. i can hear improvement in overall clarity in the midrange .

Today, i upgraded from ISOTek Polaris to Aquarius and the audio is 25% better.

IsoTek-EVO3-Aquarius.jpg

Latest posts

Back