Comic book character films : A great deal for the average person.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rehan Azim Hashmi

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Three great films I plan to view with family during the future 2 months. The first one inside of a weeks time.

First, Batman versus Superman.
Second, Captain America - Civil War.
Third, X Men - Apocalypse.

These films are rich in flavor like fruit juice concentrates. Cost tens of millions dollars to make.Yet the individual film viewer can have what costs in millions of dollar and months of creative production labor, for few dollars ticket price. A great deal indeed.

Am I the only one who likes comic book character films or I hope there other MLO members with the same taste too in fruit juices ( comic book films ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dawn of Justice.

Just came back from the theatre where we watched Dawn of Justice. I was underwhelmed or somewhat dissapointed by this film. Not as great or good as I expected to be. A reason could be that most of the movie had night scenes it seemed.

I hate the premise of these movies and I've really enjoyed the Marvel movies to date.

So far they are reflecting our culture's paranoid mentality, the fact that our country is divided.

Maybe the X-Men movie will manage to be a little less so.

I hate the premise of these movies and I've really enjoyed the Marvel movies to date.

So far they are reflecting our culture's paranoid mentality, the fact that our country is divided.

Maybe the X-Men movie will manage to be a little less so.

First, thanks for your response. Do not have much first hand experience of American culture. Know very little about American politics so I am not able to comment accurately.

Though DC was established prior to Marvel and DC has just as good or fun characters as Marvel. DC character films are not for some reason as well made as Marvel.

One reason that comes to my mind is that, if I recall correctly, Marvel was acquired by the film studio Disney some years ago. And as we all know Walt Disney is very good at making entertaining films.

I loved the last Captain America movie so I am really hoping that this one will be good too.

Many educated and sensible people voted for Obama. I think the very same people will help USA by electing a appropriate leader of the American people in the next election.

Good to hear from you therefore keep in touch, my friend.

! Batman jacket.jpg

I've been a Batman fan since the original series in the 1960's when I was a wee lad. I bought this jacket last month, very nice kid leather, replica of Micheal Keaton's moto jacket from the 1st movie, I also have a moto jacket from Wolverine worn by Hugh Jackman, I'm not a comic book nut, but, love cool stuff and enjoy the movies when I can.

Captain America was a fun movie. Definitely better than Batmanvl v Superman.

Just returned from the movie theatre, where we saw Captain America. Movie was fast paced and fun.

However was somewhat tragic and therefore made me feel sad too.

More fun than Dawn of Justice.

Just my subjective opinion.

Two great movies, I really hope so, I plan on watching with family.

I only watch sci-fi and super hero films, that too only on large cinema screen.

In order of release in cinema in Pakistan:

Rogue one. Release date December 16.

Logan. Release date March 03.

After watching each, i will let you know whether in my opinion film is worth spending money on.

Anyone else getting kinda tired of these superhero movies? How many more Wolverine movies are they gonna make? "Logan" is the next one. ugh. Give it a rest. And all of the Fantastic 4 movies have been super lame.

Anyone else getting kinda tired of these superhero movies? How many more Wolverine movies are they gonna make? "Logan" is the next one. ugh. Give it a rest. And all of the Fantastic 4 movies have been super lame.

I think we all have our saturation points. Agreed about the Fantastic 4 movies.

I've enjoyed the Avenger and X-Men, Ironman, Captain America movies, however I have ignored the Wolverine movies and all the DC Comics based stuff like Batman vs. Superman

What I'm really tired of are zombie movies. I can't and won't watch any of them anymore. I'm pretty well tired of vampire/weir wolf movies too.

I did not like the Star Wars reboot. It was too recycled and not enough new. I liked the first 6 movies and I'm hoping that now that Disney has bowed down to the old Star Wars faithful that they actually do something completely NEW in the Star Wars universe.

Star Trek is a franchise that I'm saddened by. The last Star Trek was an action film and it was fun to watch, but it was not "Star Trek". There was no moral delima or signature Star Trek issues that make them thought provoking. What they have done is turn it into just another universe to make action flicks in. To me this is yet another dumbing down of a franchise. The first reboot movie was fun because it gave interesting backstory and I was hoping that they would use that to launch from, but instead they are just churning out action films.

Fortunately there are movies like "Arrival" that at least ask you to think a little.

With all due respect what is there not to like about well made sci-fi or super hero movie? Like because for only rupees 600 ( less than six dollars )for one and half hour, I am transported to a different world, one of clean entertainment.

I do not watch all sci-fi or super hero movies released during the year. I am extremely selective. Only make friends with good people.

With all due respect what is there not to like about well made sci-fi or super hero movie? I like because for only rupees 600 ( less than six dollars )for one and half hour, I am transported to a different world, one of clean entertainment.

I do not watch all sci-fi or super hero movies released during the year. I am extremely selective. Only make friends with the good ones.

Context is everything!

I rarely go to a movie unless it is in IMAX 3D. The latest Dr Strange had some great visuals and was one of the few movies out there that did a really good job with the 3D work. Currently I would rank it 3rd among 3D movies behind Monsters vs. Aliens ( a cartoon ) and Avatar.

I still enjoy all of them and try to catch them at the movies, I believe in spending money on 'the arts' in all forms, very important in my eyes.

Last night, one of my regular customers can in with his dog Robin, my boss took this pic with his phone, I'm the ugly one!

craig.jpg

Just returned home after watching the afternoon show of Rogue One at the local cinema hall.

A pleasant experience while it lasted but nothing to write home about.

I would give this movie only average rating or five points from total ten points.

I will not provide details about the movie because there are still people out there who have yet to watch this movie.

Latest posts

Back