System #508 (Renaissance, Montis)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzy

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Jon Aiken

2. Location: Washington, DC

3. ML Model(s): Renaissance ESL 15A; Montis (For Sale)

4. Year Purchased: 2016; 2014

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics:
A. Amplification : Audio Research Reference 5SE Preamplifier, Prima Luna Dialogue Premium HP Monoblocks, Musical Surroundings Nova Phononema II Phono Preamplifier
B. Sources: ModWright LLC Oppo 105 CD/DVD Player with Tube Modifications; Pro-ject RPM 10.1 Turntable with Sumiko Blackbird Cartridge, Bluesound Node 2, Sonos Connect
C. Cables: Audioquest: Earth, Wind and Fire; Oak Speaker Cable
D. Power Conditioning: Audience Adept 6T

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Less than 3 years ago I purchased my first Martin Logan Speakers the Electromotion ESLs and fell in love with the ML sound. Driven by the quest for the ultimate sound I moved up to the ML Montis and thought I bought my last Martin Logans but then they created the "Masterpiece" Renaissance ESL 15A. Let me be one of the first ESL 15A's owners to say – these are one of the BEST sounding speakers in the market place today and should be very well received by consumers and the audio press. They communicate the essence of the music within a three dimensional soundstage with the transparency that allows you to hear detail you have never heard before. The recreation of the “air” around the musicians and the height of the musicians within the soundstage brings the artist into the room. The tonal balance is dead on and the integration of the bass is the best from Martin Logan. The only negative is the size of the bass cabinet – my wife is not happy. The speakers dominate the room compared to my previous speakers, the ML Montis. However she clearly hears the difference in the sound of the Renaissance compared to the Montis – her comment after listening to them was “the Renaissance’s make the music come alive”. My quest ends with the Renaissance.

8. Image of System

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 508
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 503
Last edited by a moderator:
Great system!
I wish I could hear it :welcome:

Latest posts