Newbie- Help, please. Replacement power cords for Clarity speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WGM114

Reaction score
Hello all and thanks for allowing me in here. I did try a search but found nothing specific on where I can purchase replacement power cords for my M/L Clarity speakers? I inherited a set and it looks like they were built in 2002. No power cords came with them, however.

Thanks friends.

Bill Murray

Please contact Martin Logan.

Contact info. under main discussion forum, contacting Martin Logan.

Perhaps ML authorized dealers in your area can place a order for a pair of power cables.

Clarity launched in 2003 not 2002.

Hi Bill and welcome,

I'm not sure if Clarity's have a grounded connection. Which ever it is you could start with a basic cord that a female end to attach to the speakers. If it is grounded it would be a C15 110 volt power cord. I am not sure what the designation for a non grounded cord is.

This is the same type of cord that a computer, printer or other common electrical appliances have on them. If you have any of those I would try them to be sure the speakers work properly before you invest more money.

You could purchase them at office supply or Radio Shack. Just check the amperage of the speaker and get an inexpensive cord to check out the speakers.

You could also purchase the correct cord caps and a piece o wire and build your own. I think a basic cord with molded ends will be cheaper though.

Good luck.

Ok, forget what I said.

The Clarity uses a power supply plunged in to it. You need a 15-20volt, 0.08-1 amp. This should be available through ML but I would think Radio Shack or other electronics stores would have a power supply that would fall into those ranges.

Thanks everyone! The manufactured date label on the rear says 2002 so I just figured that was the model year. M/L did provide me with the needed cords! Thanks again.

Back