Musical Fidelity A370

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Transparent

Hi all,

I would like to know your opinions regarding the Musical Fidelity A370 power amps and things like: how old they are, what the original price was etc...I searched the MF site and only the A370.2 came up. Not much information on the web. The only things that I know are, they are rated at 195 Watts Class A per channel and it is about 50 Kg.

Thanks, Transpa.

Musical Fidelity power amplifiers...

Transparent said:
Hi all,

I would like to know your opinions regarding the Musical Fidelity A370 power amps and things like: how old they are, what the original price was etc...I searched the MF site and only the A370.2 came up. Not much information on the web. The only things that I know are, they are rated at 195 Watts Class A per channel and it is about 50 Kg.

Thanks, Transpa.
Transparent,

Musical Fidelity Web-site, has much information under the products section regarding their power amplifiers. Musical Fidelity is a world renowned company. Excellent quality SS as well as Tubes electronics power amps. integrated amplifiers A5 series, A3.5 series, X-series, Small X-series etc. wonderful gear... :D

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/mf/en/Products/A5/a5_integrated

Goodwins High end web-site has prices of some of Musical Fidelity's gear.

http://www.goodwinshighend.com/amp.htm#musicalfidelity

Musical Fidelity as I recall is a United Kingdom based company, I believe, and have been around a while, SugarMedia (ML Club - senior member) knows more and is quite knowledgeable about MF equipment and has some of their gear, like a tubed CD player etc... :D
HTH

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer, Robin. The MF A5 is a killer amp but being an UK product it means "too-expensive-for-Down-Under." I searched for the A370 on the MF's website but could not find it, I could only find the A370.2 and I don't know if they are similar or not and more importantly, how old are the A370s?

Thanks again, Robin.

PS: Love your Anthem Statement P5 amplifier but don't forget to let us know when you decide to hang it up :)

Transparent said:
Hi all,

Thanks, Transpa.

Greetings Transparent. The A370 is about 15 years old and is selling for around $1650.00 -2350 Australian dollars. From what I've read, it still out preforms some of the more modern day amps. It is rated at 185 Watts Class A.

As far as the archived products on the MF site, I also noticed that there are a few others that are not listed. So you might find a call to their office the best way to get add'tl info.

Attachments

• mfa370.jpg
    mfa370.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 10,805
Thank you very much, SugarMedia. The information that you've provided are very helpful.

Cheers, Transpa.

Anytime. And perhaps the schematics mean more to you than me. btw, the original price was 5,500£

Attachments

• ma370.jpg
    ma370.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 15,956
Last edited:
Price on MF

In the UK you can get a mint cont a370 mkII for around £800.I had one for a couple of years Very good amp.(but eats alot of power) After that i went to a A5 amp. use that for about 4 weeks liked it so much that i now have a KW500.

hsam said:
liked it so much that i now have a KW500.

I would like to own that one too, along with the KW sacd. Have you by chance had the opportunity to listen to the SACD player?

hsam said:
In the UK you can get a mint cont a370 mkII for around £800.I had one for a couple of years Very good amp.(but eats alot of power) After that i went to a A5 amp. use that for about 4 weeks liked it so much that i now have a KW500.

Thanks for your info., Hsam.

Regards, Transpa.

SugarMedia said:
I would like to own that one too, along with the KW sacd. Have you by chance had the opportunity to listen to the SACD player?
Yes i have had a demo of it)KW sacd). Still like the MF 3D nu-vista better.But with sacd replaythe KW SACD is the best.Had it up against a sony scd 777 es moded at audiocom and the kW SACD won by miles.

Back