Setup flashlight routine?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Has anyone every tried using the flashlight routine uaing the center of the stat panel instead of a third of the panel? I'm trying it now and I think it could be promising but I'm sure it will make the sweet spot narrower yet but with less reflections off the side walls.

I've tried it, but only after I had them dialled in by ear. It was, however, more or less consistent with what I had already done by ear.

if your room is narrow and or you prefer near filed listening then perhaps, otherwise no, it will constrict the soundstage.

Need to find the sweet spot between tonal balance, solid imaging and a wide soundstage.

Has anyone every tried using the flashlight routine uaing the center of the stat panel instead of a third of the panel? I'm trying it now and I think it could be promising but I'm sure it will make the sweet spot narrower yet but with less reflections off the side walls.
I tried the center but I couldn't get a good image. I tried several toe ins. I went to about 30% in. Instead of a flashlight, I use a 360 lumen headlamp that has an adjustable beam. I use it on my forehead instead of using a flashlight. I think a lamp anywhere from 200 to 900 lumens would be more than enough.

On ML Monnoliths III.

Inside 1/3 for toe in, 2/3 down for tilt back using flashlight on head alignment, (the 2/3 down gives me hight to the sound stage as well)
(wife says you look dumb, do you really want to be a miner that bad)

Cheers George

1/3 via flashlight will put you in the ballpark, but as other have said, fine tuning will depend on your room, sweet spot, treatments and most of all your particular taste.

Back