Summit crackling noise

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
One of my summits makes a crackling sound when its first turned on, I can't tell what section of the panel its coming from and it doesn't make this noise again until the blue light goes off and it's powering down. Any suggestions on what i can try to do to correct this? Or look for? Thank u

The first thing to do is power them off, let them sit for a day, then vacuum the panels (do them both).

Hola. Also the cracking noise could be coming from the system, swap them between channels, and try again if the same speaker, now connected to the other channel is doing the same cracking noise. For a try, just swap the cables at the power amplifier. Yes I know that the left speaker is now the right channel...but its just for the try. If the cracking noise goes to the other Summit, once you had change it, could be a charging capacitor (transient) somewhere in the path. Power first your preamp and all your components and leave the amplifier to be the last unit to power it. If you have monoblocks, wait at least 20 seconds and them power them. If the cracking is gone, them its coming from your preamplifier. If the cracking is when you power your amps (the last thing to do) then you found who is doing the cracking.

Hola. Also the cracking noise could be coming from the system, swap them between channels, and try again if the same speaker, now connected to the other channel is doing the same cracking noise. For a try, just swap the cables at the power amplifier. Yes I know that the left speaker is now the right channel...but its just for the try. If the cracking noise goes to the other Summit, once you had change it, could be a charging capacitor (transient) somewhere in the path. Power first your preamp and all your components and leave the amplifier to be the last unit to power it. If you have monoblocks, wait at least 20 seconds and them power them. If the cracking is gone, them its coming from your preamplifier. If the cracking is when you power your amps (the last thing to do) then you found who is doing the cracking.

Roberto: went as far per Martin logan to exchange panels and the noise followed the panel.

Latest posts

Back