Sanders. cable?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard or made sanders cable that he recommends in his white paper for electrostatic speakers ? If so what did u think?

I am really surprised no one has tried Sanders speaker cable knowing that it could possibly improve the sound of the electrostatics like the summits and models where u are just driving the stats only. it just cost penny's compared to the big boys with all the snake oil cables! Guess it just isn't expensive enough for any to be interested in or consider. Mr. Sanders is a a well respected engineer and designer of speakers and amplifiers! There are some members in this site that really like his amps! I plan on making and trying it it will cost me around $100.00. Read his white paper on speaker cables to get some idea behind his design.

I use ESL speaker cable and stock power cord that came with my Innersound amps along with Roger's magnetic speaker cable and stock power cord that came with my Magtech amp. I also use the stock cables for the Sanders DCX2496.

They are well built and work as intended.

I use ESL speaker cable and stock power cord that came with my Innersound amps along with Roger's magnetic speaker cable and stock power cord that came with my Magtech amp. I also use the stock cables for the Sanders DCX2496.

They are well built and work as intended.[/QUOT

What did u think of them compared to the regular cable u were using before if u were? his design sounds very interesting. I'm hoping when I get them installed I won't be disappointed .

What did u think of them compared to the regular cable u were using before if u were? his design sounds very interesting. I'm hoping when I get them installed I won't be disappointed .

If you are looking for speaker wires that do their best to disappear from the sonic equation then all will be good. They are unlikely to alter your speaker's frequency response if running passive nor will they reduce your amp's damping factor or starve your amp of its ability to deliver current as needed.

I have yet to compare any other cables to them when running my 10c speakers. I have compared them to my Tara Labs and Cardas cabling that I use on my CLSes ... can't honestly say I can tell any noticeable differences.

Grab a set and never worry about speaker cables again.

Last edited:
If you are looking for speaker wires that do their best to disappear from the sonic equation then all will be good. They are unlikely to alter your speaker's frequency response if running passive nor will they reduce your amp's damping factor or starve your amp of its ability to deliver current as needed.

I have yet to compare any other cables to them when running my 10c speakers. I have compared them to my Tara Labs and Cardas cabling that I use on my CLSes ... can't honestly say I can tell any noticeable differences.

Grab a set and never worry about speaker cables again.

I would love to hear his speaker setup with his amps, cable and crossover! How do u feel they compare to the M/L's? I talked with him and he's very interesting on why he went with electrostatic speakers. He has a 30 day home trial but I can't afford it.

I can give you a summary of my thoughts including comparisons. I have directly compared the Sanders setup to the Soundlab U2’s and Maggie 20’s that the fella I bought the Sanders from also owned. I preferred the Sanders to the U2’s but probably enjoyed the 20’s a tad more ... though that may simply be due to the fact that the 20's are such a different sonic perspective than what I am used to.

My primary reference comparison are my Martin Logan CLSes, though I do have, as a background reference, fairly extensive and varied experience listening to electrostats, going back over 30 years now, including offerings from Soundlab, Innersound, Quad, Dayton Wright, Acoustat not to mention 6 different Logans.

I have run Martin Logan for the last 25 years though …. 22 of them with my current CLSes. As for my ownership history. It has included Sequels, Aerius', Quests, ReQuests, SL3's and several CLS incarnations. I also auditioned, on extended loan, Vantages and Summits. I also spent countless hours at my dealer’s home listening to his CLX’s.

My takeaway from all of this is that none gave me the constant goosebump moments I get when playing my CLSes, especially when playing my goto music ...... jazz, acoustic guitar works, blissful classical and vocals. My wife and I both call it the “we are there” factor.

For years I simply accepted the shortcomings of CLSes (that they are devoid of anything resembling proper bass quality) and was fine because they excelled, like no other I could find, where it mattered most to my ultimate musical enjoyment. It wasn't until I spent time with this Sanders setup that I finally found a “we are there” speaker but with added dynamic scale that blended in seamlessly.

So, cutting to the chase, what are the differences I have experienced compared to my CLSes? They lie in the dynamics and the deep, high quality and controlled bass output. It’s there in spades with the Sanders and, obviously, not so with the CLSes. In comparison it’s a hugely different sound perspective that has become “highly” addictive and not something I could live without I suspect. But honestly, it’s the similarities, vis-à-vis, “we are there” factor that is most important and impressive to these ears. It’s there but with additional dynamic scale to go along with it.

Though not critically important to my listening enjoyment, these Sanders play incredibly loud if you supply them with gobs of voltage. They very easily pressurize my listening room, with great effect and with nary an inkling of straining. This was foreign to me and probably took the most adjusting to get accustomed too. At any rate, I am beyond happy with the Sanders addition. It is, I believe, the final piece of the puzzle that I have been chasing for so long.

One possible area of concern. These speakers are, intentionally, made very directional so really are a 1 person setup that not everyone wishes. But, when these are dialed-in for that 1 person, they are spectacular. I would say the Sanders are a tad more directional than my Logans are.

I tried many speaker cables with my ML's and only had one type that clearly ruined the sound. That was a Monster Cable flat type that used hundreds of very thin copper wires. After that experience, I read somewhere not to use that type of speaker wire with electrostatics. My experience agrees with that.

I Ordered the sander design esl coax cable and plan on making it ASAP and installing it. Should be interesting! Hope it works as well as described!

I wouldn't bother messing around when Kimber 4TC is commonly available fairly cheap, especially if you are in the States. But if you enjoy a little DIY fill your boots.

I wouldn't bother messing around when Kimber 4TC is commonly available fairly cheap, especially if you are in the States. But if you enjoy a little DIY fill your boots.

I paid $1.20 a foot and I needed two 45' cables which came to $108.00. Can u tell me what kimber would charge for there cable at these lengths ? Thanks

Sorry I didn't know you needed that much and the Sander was that cheap. Kimber would be much more unless you moved your amps closer to the speakers.

Stefan: Sanders cables are not that cheap they are professionally built to high standards , mine will be built by me with his recommended cable. U should read his white papers on speaker cable, very interesting! Thought I would give it a try!

Last edited:
Bernard: call him and he will tell u what he uses and why u should use it. He is very interesting to talk to
Can't you just tell us here what he uses, so that we all have the benefit of that information, without us all having to call him individually.

It would also help us get the opinions of other members here on what he uses.

Cable

Can't you just tell us here what he uses, so that we all have the benefit of that information, without us all having to call him individually.

It would also help us get the opinions of other members here on what he uses.
Bernard : sounds fair I will get back with u on this he didn't say I couldn't but I will check first!

Time for a silly question. Can you point me to the website that describes the cable? I have built the CAT5 speaker cables described on TNT-Audio. They work pretty well with my Montis'. Would be open to trying something different.

Bernard : sounds fair I will get back with u on this he didn't say I couldn't but I will check first!

Bernard: the cable is Mogami W3082 got it at performance audio for $1.20 a foot. It's the same as terminating any cable! The shield I just twisted together and the core is stranded they are both 15ga. I used spades on the speaker end and used banana plugs on the amp end I covered all bare wire with heat shrink. So far its been playing great with no problems. Each run is 45'. If u do this let me know what u think?

Bernard: the cable is Mogami W3082 got it at performance audio for $1.20 a foot. It's the same as terminating any cable! The shield I just twisted together and the core is stranded they are both 15ga. I used spades on the speaker end and used banana plugs on the amp end I covered all bare wire with heat shrink. So far its been playing great with no problems. Each run is 45'. If u do this let me know what u think?
Interesting! A friend of mine used to swear by Mogami, which he used with his much-modified Quad 57s. They sounded really amazing. I lost touch with him many years ago, so can't find out the model number.

If I try it I'll let you know. 15 ga sounds thin for speaker cable.

Back