Wardsweb Luther Sir, help??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuwee

Reaction score
Luther I ask for your help sir! I have Summit's and have been driving them with the SAE A202 amp, no problems, my s/o demaded more power so I bought a A1001 amp. I can get to about 200wpc on the meters then she shuts down for a few seconds and comes back up fine. I know you are a SAE guy like me. Why would this big ass amp not handle the load??

SAE amps are not designed to handle the high impedance of an electrostatic speaker. As the frequency goes up, the ohms go down and the impedance increases.This makes for a difficult load and high current draw. The SAE amps were not built to go below 4 ohms and we're their happiest at 8 ohms.

Hello buddy, thanks! U guess I was blinded by the little A202 driving my old Sequels and a pair of big JBLs for parties at the same time without a fart or hiccup and driving the Summits very hard. Time to look for something new...keeping the A1001 for awhile, it's in near mint shape cosmetically and sounds amazing. Looking into Roger Sanders Innersound Magtec stereo version, pricey but should satisfy! A bud in PHX likes some of the older Macs with his Summits...?? My home is not my last one, maybe wait and get a true dedicated room, then decide? Damn

The A202 has a very unusual transformer, unlike anything I've ever seen, it's a small oblong, ribbed cast iron donut looking thing. Kinda like a particle accelerator.

Back