It's really happening... MOVING

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
well the plan to downsize and move is finally happening..

All my gear is boxed up and in the garage... the house is nearly ready for staging and it goes on the market next week... The sign was put in the front yard this morning with "coming soon" on it.

Not sure if I'm going to retire or continue to work.. that decision is up to my boss, who has no idea that we're selling the house.. I'm planning on telling her once we're in escrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to work remotely from Palm Springs, but if they won't allow that, it's time to retire!!

Kerry will continue working for AT&T from there..

15 years in this house.. lots of memories..... bittersweet.

Hopefully I'll be able to work remotely from Palm Springs, but if they won't allow that, it's time to retire!!

Tom, you're still a 'pup' …… retire, why that's what old people do before they die !!

However the chips fall my friend good luck with the move and beyond !

Reminds me of a quote I like: "If there was no change there would not be butterflies".

good quote Bernard !!

Wow Tom. Awesome. were you going to Texas ? I can't remember. Re the job. If they say buh bye - what a great opportunity to do whatever you want. I too am in IT and man it can be a burn out sometimes. Whatever you do I'm sure you will be great at it. !! Tim

Change takes place as pressure is applied and what was once static becomes liquid, changes shape or metamorphoses and then as pressure dissipates solidifies. Presto change is over and inshallah Tom is ensconced at his new place and listening to music, ready for next period of growth.

Good to hear Kerry and your plans are moving forward. I would put money on your boss letting you work remotely. Good people are easier to keep than find new and train them.
Selling the house or moving, tough decision which is more stressful.
If you retire, after a few months you will be so busy, trying to fit work in would be a problem. Enjoy the process and keep us updated.

Hey Tom and Kerry, good on ya's! :D the desert is a magical place, I moved from NYC to Tucson to become apart of some magic, I've met some folks I will not soon forget and bless them for becoming my friends. Some are into music and some are not, lot's of love down this way buddy...stu

Thanks all... Texas didn't happen because AT&T in all their wisdom moved Kerry's entire dept into IT and the head of IT said he didn't want to move them... So we dodged a bullet there. But that got us looking at our financial situation which brought us to the conclusion that we could retire if we wanted to... So we're ready for that financially, but I don't want to quit working just yet, so i'm hoping my boss allows me to work remotely.. Fingers crossed.

I am guessing your boss does not visit these pages!!! Well, I am glad you will be settling in Palm Springs. I have not been there but I know is very pretty. All the best with the move.

Good luck with the move! Perhaps after you and Kerry get settled in, you'll find the room acoustics begging for another pair of ML's!

Big step Tom, but I'm positive it will be a good one. I hope Peets does right by you and you can continue doing something you obviously enjoy. Good luck with the move. Remember to lift with your legs, not your back. Better yet, hire some young bucks to do that shit so that the heaviest thing you have to lift is a bottle of beer while you tell them where to put things!

Tom and Kerry, I'm sure you know that PS has some of the most fabulous mid-century homes on the planet! Big bad ass ranch homes with details galore, perfect for a new pair of Logans when you settle in! :music:

Thanks stuwee.. We already bought a home and it's not a mid-century... Love the whole mid century look, but we ended up with a 70's home in Rancho Mirage.

Back