Hello World!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabookiep

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am not a ML owner....yet! My father is, however, an avid ML fan and owner and I became one through him. I am making an environment for a pair...but which ones? I have a separate circuit of 10ga run properly to hospital grade outlets, the grounding on the circuit properly done and this past weekend I modified my whole network to stream music more effectively. This spring (when the ground thaws) I plan on running a copper rod into the ground and connecting that to the system for better isolated grounding. The plan is to hopefully be all set by late summer early fall for a pair of....that's the problem.

I started out going the path of a pair of bookshelf speakers and looked at the Kef LS50s and ML i35 along with a full surround setup, however I am opting to invest much more into the main speakers and little to nothing right now in the surround to have a better foundation. Part of the fun in owning a system is continuously tweaking it right!

Currently I am between a pair of ML Montis or Theos speakers or a pair of Revel 208 or Studios. My listening tastes are rock mostly (U2, Collective Soul, Eagles, Dave Matthews etc.) No classical for me!

Welcome kabooky ……….nice to hear of the solid fundamental start to a system , don't forget the importance of the room itself and it's acoustic impact.

As for the speakers……….. with respect to Logan, IMO the Montis is THE performance leader for the $$ spent in the whole Logan family. As for Revel, the 208 is considered by many to be the same in it's family and while I like it a lot , the Salon'2' is a noticeable improvement if you can swing the extra $$

Good luck, keep us posted !

Welcome Man from Wisconsin. Remember the TV serial Man from Atlantis.

I too enjoy listening to U2, Eagles, Glenn Frey and Dave Mathews Band.

Have fun listening to music!:music:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from Costa Rica, and welcome to the best Martin Logan lovers site. Here, you are going to have new friends that really care and appreciate what the word of hi-end sound is. Enjoy your music Kabookiep!

Happy listening!

Latest posts

Back