Speaker wire

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
What is a good recommended speaker cable for Summit speakers. I have to run them 30'

Last edited:
given your length of run I know of no better (low capacitance value) cable for the money ……………..

http://signalcable.com/ultraspeaker.html

and yes, that is what I use.
I probably going to order a 30ft pair looks like a good deal. I'm presently using 12ga older style monster cable
What length are u using? Thanks for the recommendation!

Why such a long run? Your never going to get them reach potential on a budget for those kind of runs.

Find some Mogami W3082 Superflexible Coaxial Studio Speaker Cable and strip it yourself ( very cheap)
and very good low capacitance. ( thats what I use)
Dont remember where I got it in bulk

Well for the price of a long run of cheap cable that wont sound that good you could get a short run of cable that in comparison would sound great. Maybe its worth it to move it all closer even though it might not look the greatest, you should see my place as my wife hates it lol.

Well for the price of a long run of cheap cable that wont sound that good you could get a short run of cable that in comparison would sound great. Maybe its worth it to move it all closer even though it might not look the greatest, you should see my place as my wife hates it lol.
That is a good idea but my system is also a video surround sound and I have all the the cables coming up thru the floor for the surrounds , center and the summits ! When I listen to audio only I strickly only use the summits in by pass mode. I'm using the 2 ch bryston for the summits and a bryston 5ch for the surrounds and center. I'm using a lexicon mc12 v5 for all my duties!

Latest posts

Back