audiokarl from Bavaria

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiokarl

Reaction score
Hi martinloganowners,

My name is karl from Bavaria, my hometown is located near Munich.

I started a long time ago with a pair of MartinLogan reQuest speakers i bought at a friends hifi store.
At that time he used them as a demo set and so i could get them for a good value.

To optimize the sounding i added a Lyngdorf Digital Amp with Roomperfect, the included room correction system from Lyngdorf to the TDAI 2200.
This helped my a lot to the bloomy bass the ReQuest produced in my room.

2 Years ago i switched to the Summit X which was a overall improvement in sound and much easier to drive.
As i found out that room correction lost it´s importance with the Summit i took the advice of some of my technical sophisticated friends and bought me a GRUENSCH CSE II second edition amp, a small manufacturer near stuttgart Germany and added a ESOTERIC D02 DAC.
The Gruensch Products are said to be on the best one could get.

I also in to Electrostatic Headphones. I own a SR 007MKII and a SR 009 from stax, driven by Kevin Gilmore Amps like a KGSS and a Blue Hawaii SE.
IMG_3081.jpg
IMG_3059.jpg

by the way, does any of you Summit X owner recognized the noise the bass unit makes if the Summits are active???
still love them, but this fan-like noise result in cheap amplification inside the Summit.

Last edited:
Back