Martin Logan EFX broken panel? Picking up radio signal?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccc11223

Reaction score
I have a pair of Martin Logan EFX wall mounted which I use as my front L and R speakers. Over the past few days something strange has been happening. I noticed that at low volumes or when playing no sound (at the menu screen on my Apple TV) I was hearing a radio signal coming through my left channel. I couldn't tell if it was AM or FM, but unmistakably the radio playing. Is it possible that a broken panel would pick up a radio signal. I switched out my Processor for a new one, and switched to balanced interconnects, and now the radio signal is gone, but I hear a lot of distortion coming from that left speaker. Voices are not clear at all, and higher frequencies sound horrible. The right speaker is completely fine, and I tried swapping outputs on my amplifier to see if it was the amplifier output, but the distortion remains. These are my first ESL's, so I am unsure as to what a broken panel sounds like, but is this something that anyone else has ever seen? and does anyone know how much a replacement EFX panel would cost? I contacted ML technical support, but wanted to post here as well to see if anyone has any suggestions for trying to fix the situation.

Thanks,

Cameron

Update- The problem was with the power supply board. Martin Logan service department sent me a new one and it fixed the problem

what station were you getting ? ……………..'WIBG' !!

Latest posts

Back