Which subwoofer are you using with your CLS (or similar all ESL) panel?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadgety

Reaction score
Hello all,

Those of you using subwoofers with your CLSs or any of the other all ESL (non hybrid) panels, which subwoofer are you using? Did you try others before going with the one you have now? What informed your choice?

I am using 4 Depth i's with my CLSIIz's. I choose to stay with the ML brand early on. Previously had 2 Vandersteen subs and ML is much better fit for my system.

I'm using BK MONOLITH sub with my CLS IIz. This subwoofer is quite slow when stock - noticeably behind with timing compared to my ML SPEAKERS. After heavily modifying it, it now comfortably keeps up with the Logans.

I tried a REL Q100E before the BK MONOLITH. The Rel is fast, keeping up with CLS, unfortunately it doesn't reach that low.

Last edited:
I use a M&K MX145, had it for 20 years,
Blends very well with my Quest and Aerius i's in my 5.1 setup, have the Cinema center.

I use two ML 212's and find the PBK to work wonders. I previously had two Descent i's with Summit X's that was nice but manually adjusting was good but not nearly as good as it is now. Highly recommend a sub with some type of room correction.

Latest posts

Back