Odd issue w jriver

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone here ran into this issue. Usually the first time I play an album in jriver - it stops at the end of the first song. A message box comes up saying 'There was a problem during playback'. It does this once on the first album I play then no issues.

Any clues?

In the short time I have been using JRiver a couple of times it doesn't play and says there is a problem. If I turn off the DAC and then back on problem solved. May just be an issue in software interpretation.
I'm still surprised each time it works. From IPad that controls the server>network switch>laptop>async. clock>DAC. It all is still confusing.

To date I've never seen that problem using JRiver Media Center on a PC to Asynchronous USB to the DAC's in my OPPO 105D.

The only issue I ever have is whether the PC recognizes the OPPO is out there. I've had to restart the PC or restart the OPPO to get it to show up.

However as long as the PC recognizes that the OPPO is attached it's been perfectly reliable.

Well .. mine is a minor issue... just can't figure out why it does it.... pretty consistently - first song of the day.... plays...stops.... click second song..... and then everything is good for the rest of the time.... Next day - same thing.... It isn't on a fresh re-boot of the pc or jriver either... PC is on always... Jriver is on always..... (I'll reboot sometimes.. but haven't felt a need to for a bit).... Next time I sit down.... I'll re-boot everything.... and see if it happens....

It could also be related to some other BS software on the machine..... but whatever.... we'll see.... if anyone has any solution... feel free... :)

ok.. so regarding this issue.... It seems as if I restart the computer prior to my music listening..... no issue....I just find this odd.... Everything starts off fine... plays one song - and stops with a friendly error message.... but, if I re-start the PC just prior to listening- no issue....

next thing I will try is - not restarting the pc- but shutting down jriver and bringing it back up

I would close JRiver after use. I've had a similar problem and closing JRiver and restarting it each time it works fine. Seems to be some glitch in between JRiver and the OS (Win10) in my case.

Wondered if anyone here ran into this issue. Usually the first time I play an album in jriver - it stops at the end of the first song. A message box comes up saying 'There was a problem during playback'. It does this once on the first album I play then no issues.

Any clues?

Luckily I have not experienced any problems with JRiver MC 20 software other than the DSP engine not functioning properly that is the preamp and equalizer. I have now not selected the preamp and equalizer option.

This software was a birthday present to me from my sister who paid for, downloaded and installed this software on my Microsoft desktop.

I have Windows 7 professional operating system on my new Dell Optiplex 3020 desktop.

Some computer experts are of the opinion that not a good idea to install recently launched operating system like for example Windows 10 because it has many bugs. Therefore, Either wait for the bugs to be removed or install a older tried and tested, bug removed operating system like for example Windows 7 Professional.

Luckily I have not experienced any problems with JRiver MC 20 software other than the DSP engine not functioning properly that is the preamp and equalizer. I have now not selected the preamp and equalizer option.

This software was a birthday present to me from my sister who paid for, downloaded and installed this software on my Microsoft desktop.

I have Windows 7 professional operating system on my new Dell Optiplex 3020 desktop.

Some computer experts are of the opinion that not a good idea to install recently launched operating system like for example Windows 10 because it has many bugs. Therefore, Either wait for the bugs to be removed or install a older tried and tested, bug removed operating system like for example Windows 7 Professional.

I'm running Windows 8.1 with MC 2.0 and it is very reliable.

I've not tried running JRiver MC on Windows 10, but I'm hearing a number of hiccups on Windows 10 from guys who are technosapiens like myself, not with JRiver specifically but with a number of other things.

I would close JRiver after use. I've had a similar problem and closing JRiver and restarting it each time it works fine. Seems to be some glitch in between JRiver and the OS (Win10) in my case.
Thanks. This seems to have fixed it as far as I can tell. I now just shut down the software and it seems as if the problem goes away.

Btw M15. For what it is worth I just try to pass the data stream bit perfect to my dac. No DSP

I've been running jriver v21 with windows 10 for several months with no issues.

Yes. I absolutely love jriver. I have a large volume of hi Rez and dsd playing thru my directstream dac and everything sounds great. Even the 44/16.

Back