Great disc for auditioning

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
This is a great disc for testing gear as the first track is nice baritone vocals, the second is an overture that is pretty dynamic, and the third is a choral. Easy to tell the differences on A/B on the first three tracks itself, no need to swap and change.

20160116_121534_zpscawcx01o.jpg

Actually I don't use it. I just found that link posted by another guy who replied to my thread on another forum

I like listening to Nickel Creek, either their self titled album or "This Side". Kind of a modern bluegrass/folk feel, but before you say that it's not for you, give it a try. Dynamic male and female vocals and nimble string instruments. You should be able to discern each instrument, along with the upright bass for the low end. You'll swear your ML tweets were dancing on tracks like House of Tom Bambadil.

Last edited:
Is it a good disc for musical enjoyment?

Yes, very. Otherwise I would have put up a Diana Krall or Pink Floyd. To clarify, I posted it because it is a good classical music where you get baritone, orchestral dynamics, and choral demos that you can enjoy and test with, all one after another, without having to swap a disc.

Yes, very. Otherwise I would have put up a Diana Krall or Pink Floyd. To clarify, I posted it because it is a good classical music where you get baritone, orchestral dynamics, and choral demos that you can enjoy and test with, all one after another, without having to swap a disc.
I looked at the pono track listing....Not the kind of disk to which I would listen from beginning to end; perhaps one track once in a while. Some of it is scary religious music: "Woe to Him, He Shall Perish".

Latest posts

Back