High WAF Acoustic Panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Saturday I was in Paris, at the home of an audiophile named Joel, who is also a 6 moons reviewer and has been through Vicoustic, GIK, and various other stuff. His system is Vivid Giya G1 and we were able to A/B the Ypsilon Aelius hybrids with Luxman M800 bridged on those speakers (more on that later).

His room is a square 7m * 7m, with a sloping roof that reflects a lot from one slope to the other.

However, I could hear no room problems because with the help of an acoustician Joel has tamed the room RT to 0.3sec, for his Vivd Giya G1, which are tough to set up.

But what impressed me was that he has done it using material that blends into the decor and does not intrude into the room. He has been through GIK, vicoustic and other panels. He has now settled on PYT audio and another German brand (he can provide details) for absorption. He has two DAADs in either corner, which are the only intrusive elements in the entire room (apart from the G1s, of course!)

What you see below are the German panels used as absorbers. These have been put up parallel to the ceilings, are thin perforated panels, with space between them, and can be colored or painted/imprinted on to suit the room decor.

20160116_124707_zpsqeeyshvg.jpg

20160116_124652_zpsvmynqt0h.jpg

20160116_124639_zpspjvjirrv.jpg

Here I have shown the gap between the two so you can differentiate

20160116_124645_zpsmmnsv7w0.jpg

Attached next to the wooden beams, you can see the two black corners.
20160116_122723_zpsx0clujyp.jpg

These are the other panels (PYT audio) that were in the room, which have also been reviewed in mono and stereo http://www.monoandstereo.com/2015/04...ls-review.html

Nice room, but I don't think I could live with the visual impact of those speakers. I do like the equipment stand; it looks like it was made by Burmester, but I don't see a badge.

No, it's a company called Music tools. All you need is a wooden stand done to your shape and color specs, then put the mooks on. Other stands don't matter

Back