New Audio Research Look

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of ARC's styling, but the retro look of their new Reference 6 preamp is butt ugly; picture attached.

One person on Audiogon says it's like putting lipstick on a pig! :) image.jpg

Agreed. It is pretty ugly.

Then again, I hide as much from view as possible so as long as it had a remote relay and was out of view I don't care what it looks like.

I too have always been a fan, but agree with you Bernard - f'ugly.

It's a shame - I don't mind the retro look per se, but this is very poorly executed.

Now……….. with all this being said, if someone were to leave one at my front door, I'd certainly 'let it in' !!

I have been tempted to post about the looks of the new AR design ever since it came out, so I am glad someone else thinks they took a giant step into the ugly department. To me, the new look looks like a stove or washing machine, the similarities are great.

8fd77975-6d34-4b00-a78a-7e4fc713079e_1000.jpg

I have been tempted to post about the looks of the new AR design ever since it came out, so I am glad someone else thinks they took a giant step into the ugly department. To me, the new look looks like a stove or washing machine, the similarities are great.

8fd77975-6d34-4b00-a78a-7e4fc713079e_1000.jpg

Haha...maybe they're trying to appeal to females! Great photo. :ROFL:

Seen in the flesh May two years ago. Gotta say I really like the new ARC aesthetics.

I think it will grow on people.

EDIT: er.. on a big screen now. Not so convinced about this model:D

Last edited:
The Reference 10 and SP20 pres are the "new retro look" and I think they look excellent. As I said earlier - this model (and a few others) are just very poorly executed design. Must have given the job to a graduate.

New power amps like the DS450 also look excellent!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back