Greetings From Puget Sound

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul4223

Reaction score
I've always been fascinated with ML Electrostatics ever since I first heard the CLS's a long time ago- but have never owned a pair. My speakers now are a pair of fine Italian monitors and Magnepan MMGs. I am seriously considering purchasing Logans but first want to learn as much as possible from folks who own and love them. My electronics are excellent tube mono amps and preamp. I also have a decent NAD amp which is fun to experiment with- especially paired with the Magnepans. I've auditioned the the ElectroMotion ESL, Theos and Ethos at Magnolia/Best Buy but unfortunately their demo rooms are not the greatest- especially the way they had the Electromotions hooked up to an inexpensive receiver. They also had a pair of Montis in the lobby- WOW! But far beyond my meager budget.

Due to my budgetary limitations, I'll likely purchased used speakers and have narrowed my list down to probably Source, Aeon i, or Electromotion ESLs but am open to other suggestions. My listening room is smallish, about 12' wide by 15' deep.

Thanks for this forum. I expect I'll learn a great deal here.

Paul, welcome ……….. I'd suspect the Theos or Ethos would be a fine pair given your room size.

Paul, welcome ……….. I'd suspect the Theos or Ethos would be a fine pair given your room size.

Thanks very much. I especially liked the Ethos. As I mentioned in my initial post, my budget is limited. I check Craigslist, Audiogon, eBay, etc. regularly for previously owned Logan 'stats which would be good buys. But the rather significant fact that the Magnepan .7's, new, are well within my budget clouds the issue.

It may be impossible for me to justify spending much more on ML's but that's why I'm here. :) I'd LOVE to be able to audition Source, Vantage, or Aeon i's in my home - but of course, wishing won't make it so. Ultimately my decision might be a leap of faith. As I've gotten older, I increasingly value being able to hear detail, finesse, and "air" in music reproduction.

Back