BIG news from ML coming out of 2016 CES...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... Room correction in an audiophile product?!!??:cool:

Why not, if it works! Speaker/room interaction anomalies can really degrade fidelity, no matter how expensive the speaker. DSP/Room EQ is the wave of the future (pun intended).

Some additional pictures can be found on the Martin Logan facebook channel.

ML_R15A~2.jpg

Nice. Looks like a full sub in the bass. But $25k!? I'd opt for used, and depreciated, CLX's and doing my own subs.

I guess I'm the only one that likes these. :). I like em. Looks and all. But looks are low on the priority list. My guess is they sound spectacular and that larger cabinet smooths out the bass.

I guess I'm the only one that likes these. :). I like em. Looks and all. But looks are low on the priority list. My guess is they sound spectacular and that larger cabinet smooths out the bass.

Yup, just you ;)

The picture does look better than the rendering. To me they look too big and too clunky, but then again I'm not in the market for a pair of $25K speakers, so it's not like my opinion impacts their bottom line.

I guess I'm the only one that likes these. :). I like em.

Nope, I'm with you Timm. make mine with a gloss piano black finish on the bass cabinet !

Yup, just you

and me …………...

I'm not in the market for a pair of $25K speakers, so it's not like my opinion impacts their bottom line.

nor am I …………..with that kind of coin I'd be more tempted to buy a nice high end shotgun !

Nope, I'm with you Timm. make mine with a gloss piano black finish on the bass cabinet !

and me …………...

nor am I …………..with that kind of coin I'd be more tempted to buy a nice high end shotgun !

I love it dave!! Haha. Regardless of the coin - I like the larger stat panel... Larger box for the woofers as I think it would reduce 'punchy'. The room correction piece is nice added bling too. These are Gary's new rear surrounds. :)

While Neoliths these are not, at $25,000 they sound great. For sure most ML fans will really enjoy them. I think they learned a lot from the neolith development. The bass goes down to 22 Hz and it shows. I plan an extended listening period tomorrow. With the balanced forward bass you can get them closer to the wall I am strongly considering purchasing a pair to replace my Prodigys in my multi-channel which I will talk about later. When you get a chance to listen to these pick some bass material that will challenge these and pay attention to how well the bass integragrates with the panels. Very nice. I'm also ok on the looks. I think the would be really fine in the Ferrari red like that available in the Neoliths. At this point I'm sticking to my original thumbs up opinion but I'm not done investigating yet.

GaryG

The Renaissance looks very boxy to me and the framing extending forward of the cabinet just looks wrong to me and the protruding corners at the bottom look bad. If anything it almost has a clunky steam punk look to it.

Definitely not to my taste. I like the look of the Montis and Summit X much better.

I agree, very boxy looking.

Seeing the real photo... actually it looks sinister.

Me likey.

Hmm yes, from the technical description (and of course Gary's comments) it's got to sound terrific..... but clearly aesthetics also designed by engineers!! Is this the new look for smaller models in the Reserve range? ..... although the better the pic the less ugly it appears!

Last edited:
Now seeing the real pics it's not that bad looking. I may just get a pair next year.

Now seeing the real pics it's not that bad looking. I may just get a pair next year.
Great idea. I'm writing this from the ML room. I have been listening to the Renaissance all day. I ordered a pair in Ferrari Red. Seriously. These will replace my beloved Prodigy's Personally for me these are the best $25k speakers I've ever heard

Think about it Neolith mains my custom 5 theater center CLX sides and Renaissance Rears. Can you say 7.1.

GaryG

This is awesome, Gary, plus the idea of going immersive. I think one more way to up your system, though expensive, is to replace your centre channel with one Neolith. If too expensive, to replace it with a Renaissance.

I spoke with an friend of mine works at a BB Magnolia. He spoke with the ML rep who told him they were re-designing all of the ESL speakers (starting with Theos and working up) to incorporate the same technology as the Neolith. Essentially more curve to the panel and larger panels. This may be the first of those.

I dig em. I'm also glad to see the ESL get real binding posts, and looks like a bigger panel. I'll be interested to hear how the dual woofers helps it also. I'm certainly in no place to buy $25k speakers, but maybe the used Montis market will get a bit more competitive.

Wow, awesome design, they look so much different than previous models..

Back