BIG news from ML coming out of 2016 CES...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fox. Thanks for that. Very nice ... So given the price does the summit x still have a place in the lineup? I think so? Is this a prodigy with powered woofers?

The Renaissance looks very boxy to me and the framing extending forward of the cabinet just looks wrong to me and the protruding corners at the bottom look bad. If anything it almost has a clunky steam punk look to it.

Definitely not to my taste. I like the look of the Montis and Summit X much better.

The Renaissance looks very boxy to me and the framing extending forward of the cabinet just looks wrong to me and the protruding corners at the bottom look bad. If anything it almost has a clunky steam punk look to it.

Definitely not to my taste. I like the look of the Montis and Summit X much better.

Looks like the new "AirFrame" is integrated into the base of the woofer cabinet for extra rigidity. I wonder if that picture is missing a perforated grill cover for the front woofer. We'll need to wait for more pics.

That's not an actual pic of the Renaissance ESL 15A. That's some 3D modeled render of something, could be from ML or could be someone on the internet making 3D models of stuff, who knows.

Also the pic that claims to be EM ESL-X are old marketing pics of the EM ESL's from when they were announced over 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Looks like an extra 2 inches of panel and another 8 inch woofer? for double the price of the electromotion, now thats value!

I am attending CES. Martin Logan is demoing the Renaissance. My initial response to the speaker sonically is very positive. Bass has similarity To Prodigy with the ballanced force approach with better integration to panel. So far my time with them was short but I liked what I heard.

GaryG

That's not an actual pic of the Renaissance ESL 15A. That's some 3D modeled render of something, could be from ML or could be someone on the internet making 3D models of stuff, who knows.

Also the pic that claims to be EM ESL-X are old marketing pics of the EM ESL's from when they were announced over 5 years ago.

Sorry, but the pictures were taken from the press releases that Martin Logan issued.

http://canadahifi.com/martinlogan-r...ectrostatic-loudspeaker-launched-at-ces-2016/

http://canadahifi.com/martinlogan-intros-the-electromotion-esl-x-at-ces-2016/

Until I see them on ML's site or their FB page they're just pics that site just hastily posted on there by people who don't do their research cuz people like to look at pics and not actually read anything. Anyone who's familiar with the EM ESL's know that pic is clearly that model and not the new EM ESL-X. Reading is fundamental, the EM ESL-X have the wonderfully useless bi-wiring compatibility according to the press release. Do you see bi-wiring compatible binding posts in that pic? Not to mention it's the first pic on the EM ESL gallery page that's been online for YEARS:
http://www.martinlogan.com/electromotion/gallery.php

Regarding the Renaissance ESL 15A, while ML has some not so great images of their speakers Photoshoped into living rooms on their site I've never seen them post 3D renders. I'm not saying that they wouldn't but that render is unflattering to say the least and they're launching a $25k product the first image of it wouldn't be that especially considering the kind of woodworking they like to show off in their high end models.

Try being a little bit more like Scully than Mulder on this one. ;)

Last edited:
If that's what a 25K speaker looks like.... oh man. No bueno.

I am looking forward to the actual photos. At 25K... it's right in striking range for the next king of the hill in the joey_v household.

Wow I'm surprised that render was accurate (looks like a quick render of what would be out of a group of renders in the concept stage to me), just weird some place would release that instead of real pics. At least it looks miles better in a real pic. The EM ESL-X head on looks a lot like the regular version but that pic from that other site is clearly the regular version due to the back.

Last edited:
"For the first time in an electrostatic speaker we are introducing the integration of exclusive Anthem Room Correction (ARC) technology. By engaging ARC, you can experience performance on par with MartinLogan's audio test lab.
ARC measures sound output in your room and compares it to optimal response curves that account for spatial anomalies. The advanced algorithms of ARC then effectively remove the anomalies, leaving only the ideal standard: transparent, natural-sounding performance in the listening space."

Room correction in an audiophile product?!!??:cool:

Latest posts

Back