BIG news from ML coming out of 2016 CES...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the Renaisance sounds great especially the bass and the bass integration with the panel. They plan on shipping in March MY order is first it may take a little longer because I ordered them in Ferrari red which takes longer.The bass is rated down to 22 Hz which is actually slightly better than the Neoliths. But It is definitely a step too far to say the Renaisance is in any way better than the Neoliths. When I get mine in I will compare them carefully and will report back to MLO.

Gary

Once they burn in, please let us know of your experience in 2-ch compared to the CLX. you might have to do some swapping around for that though

And yes Gary, I spoke to Mike Ware and you are the first consumer order for Renaissance as we yesterday triggered our ability to enter into the production schedule. The Red takes more time to with more fill and sanding time between coats but at least you are in there.
AS to images. The speakers at CES we finished building a day or so before shipping so no time to take nice photos. It will come so please be patient. As is usual, much nicer in person. One thing to also note is that they have the force forward design that allows the back of the cabinet to get closer to back walls with out huge bass boom as one would expect. With ARC, I got a flat reading to 20 hz in that room.

Peter, thanks for the update. Looking forward to the woofer cabinet dimensions, and also whether or not the feet will allow adjustable rake angle (a la Summit X).

Any plans for a Renaissance "Truth in Sound" road show like you guys did with the Neolith?

Last edited:
the spikes are quite long with plenty of angle play available. One point though is that this product is pretty tall so it is already vertical as most find works well. Still, lots of play to play.
Working on TIS show schedules now.

We just ordered our demo pair! Any and all are welcome to stop by and listen. We will post an update once they arrive, and we are also considering displaying them at AXPONA in April.

ML Renaissance Spec Sheet-page-001.jpg Renaissance Spec Sheet

Wow! Didn't realize they were ~70 in tall! Probably overwhelming for my family room. Wish I had a dedicated listening room!

Wow! Didn't realize they were ~70 in tall! Probably overwhelming for my family room. Wish I had a dedicated listening room!

If it's any consolation, one reason I went for the Ethos in my den was that even the size of the Montis/Summits looked like they would have a bit too much presence in there. Everything is relative :)

My problem is that I like tools too much. My next home is likely to have a large wood and metal shop including CNC machines. I enjoy music, but I LOVE building things :D

Well Jeez... I like BIG!!! haha..... I mean these speakers are meant to be seen... to have a presence.... to say - 'I think music is very important.... Look at me!!'...... These are the type of speakers.... you build a room for..... my opinion of course.... I never really got into having a smaller speaker so that it would look good in the room or make anyone happy - other than myself.... Sounds selfish... That's because this is a selfish hobby..... A lot of money ...In many cases, you are listening by yourself.... or don't want people to talk because you want to listen....

Looking at the Maggie 20.7 @ 79" tall .... Well that is something when you stand next to it... and look up...... It is pretty imposing... but when you spend that kind of jack - I want something imposing and substantial.... I am so shallow ... I know...

Big = Yes......

Looking at spec sheet for the Renaissance, it looks like the crossover frequency is 300Hz. A bit surprising because the panel is much larger than the Summit X's but which has a lower crossover at 270Hz.

The spec sheet is a bit blurry and it could be that it says 200 Hz, but anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there and see what ppl think.

ML has posted detailed pics and spec's for the Renaissance on their website... http://www.martinlogan.com/renaissance-esl-15a/index.php

Spec's look impressive. The higher crossover vs. Summit X is probably related to the larger woofers and freq response/phase issues.

However, I don't understand why they chose a flat woofer grill that clashes with the curved perforated metal stat panel. They also list the Anthem Room Correction software as an additional purchase. That makes NO sense, unless they really plan on throwing in the kit as a freebie sale incentive.

I'm looking forward to a demo at some point, but I'm pretty sure they're a bit too large for my room.

Latest posts

Back