Clsiiz "how do I make them sound good in a small room??help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fattner

Reaction score
Help ,my system sounds not that good in the small room ( rental home bed room 10x10 maybe !! I know it's my my big beautiful audio room as before ,but how can I make the room work for the mean while ? Thanks and happy new yr

Last edited:
Help ,my system sounds not that good in the small room ( rental home bed room 10x10 maybe !! I know it's my my big beautiful audio room as before ,but how can I make the room work for the mean while ? Thanks and happy new yr

I am not sure whether the following advice will help you.

But will not cause harm to you in anyway.

First, since the room is small make sure only CLS2z and audio equipment and chair is in the audio room.

Second, angle the CLS2z towards your listening position. Experiment but I would say keep the inner side of each CLS2z 3 feet from the wall in front of the listening position. And experiment but I would say keep each CLS2z half foot from side wall.

Third, chair should be as close as possible to the wall in front of the loudspeakers and placed in the middle of the loudspeakers.

Fourth, if you have mono-block amplifiers place them on the floor, provided you do not have much dust in the environment.

Fifth, preferably use audio rack place the source and preamp in the middle and next to the wall in front of the listening position.

Since everything in your audio system is high end and in synergistic combination. I am sure the sound will not be bad despite the room size.

In addition experiment with carpet and without carpet.

If you do not have already then purchase only those absorbers and diffusers you will be taking to your permanent house audio room.

Hope you have fun listening to music!:music:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure whether the following advice will help you.

But will not cause harm to you in anyway.

First, since the room is small make sure only CLS2z and audio equipment and chair is in the audio room.

Second, angle the CLS2z towards your listening position. Experiment but I would say keep the inner side of each CLS2z 3 feet from the wall in front of the listening position. And experiment but I would say keep each CLS2z half foot from side wall.

Third, chair should be as close as possible to the wall in front of the loudspeakers and placed in the middle of the loudspeakers.

Fourth, if you have mono-block amplifiers place them on the floor, provided you do not have much dust in the environment.

Fifth, preferably use audio rack place the source and preamp in the middle and next to the wall in front of the listening position.

Since everything in your audio system is high end and in synergistic combination. I am sure the sound will not be bad despite the room size.

In addition experiment with carpet and without carpet.

If you do not have already then purchase only those absorbers and diffusers you will be taking to your permanent home audio room.

Hope you have fun listening to music!:music:
thankyou for your info that's what I have done ,I guess I'm spoiled with my previous audio room 600 sqft ( duh ) thanks again !!

does martin logan make electrostat headphones ??

If memory serves me well, ML manufactured EHP's for military or rather air force fighter jet pilots.

For commercial use they make headphones but they are not electrostatic.

The headphones i would recommend are the Planar-magnetic Audeze LCD-X Headphones. These earphones earned a glowing review by Hi-Fi legend Arnie Nudell. Price $1699.

The headphones i make use of have been discontinued and are 50% off on Amazon, after discount price is $150. These are the audio-technica ATH-A900X closed back.

They do nearly everything 100% right. They are now less than one-tenth the price of LCD-X headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will absolutely require absorption behind the listening position and behind the speakers. Careful trial and error for best placement. It will be a sacrifice in that size room. Happy listening!

Back