Electromotions maintenance?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueGrey

Reaction score
Hello chaps,
I'm a proud new owner of a pair of Electromotions and love them.

I have a few questions about maintenance - how often would I need to vacuum the panels? And how do I know it's time? Will I hear it?

Also, what with the sunlight? If I have a glass window (double glazed) through which the sunlight enters the room will it be OK for the panel?

Lastly, will I need to completely replace or refurbish the panel at some point? I believe I read that with electrostatics that's needed every few years?

Thank you!

I have a few questions about maintenance - how often would I need to vacuum the panels?

depends on the environment in which you keep them, myself, once a month

And how do I know it's time? Will I hear it?

if you do …….. you've gone too long !

Also, what with the sunlight? If I have a glass window (double glazed) through which the sunlight enters the room will it be OK for the panel?

direct sunlight is not good for the panels, think of it like you skin, minimize it

Lastly, will I need to completely replace or refurbish the panel at some point?

if you keep them long enough ……...

I believe I read that with electrostatics that's needed every few years?

you read incorrectly , panels should last ten years or more with proper care

There's nothing like covering your 'stats when not in use, especially if you've got western sun exposure...ML provides a cover that works great for covering them...minimizes the frequency one needs to vacuum their speakers. I know it's not as aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but it does the job. Back in the day I had the Mrs. make a pair of socks for my ReQuests...worked great!

Back