Summit X with the Devialet 400 amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamar

Reaction score
Any opinions on the pairing of the Summit X and the Devialet 400 amps......Thanks in advance....

Good if you want one box convenience. If you want sonics and have the budget go for separates.

I have yet to come to grips with Class D in the upper mids and highs, in the future when the switching frequency has been developed to be much higher, then the filters to filter them out can be set well away from the 20khz audio band without effecting phase and or rolloffs at that frequency or lower.
Seeing the Summit X has it's own 200w power-amp for the lower and mid bass, I would go for a nice 100w-200w hi class A-biased bi-polar (BJT) output stage poweramp or intergrated amp for the esl panels. A little bit of over kill would be the Parasound JC1 monoblocks with the high Class A bias switched on.

Cheers George

Any opinions on the pairing of the Summit X and the Devialet 400 amps......Thanks in advance....

I have heard the Devialet through Montis and it sounded okay...but nowhere near as good as my Spires plus Moon P8 W7.
Definitely a good idea to compare other options. I do like the Devialet original aesthetics though, and innovative hybrid products and speaker correction. What sparked your interest in the combination ??

Have ended up with the ML Summit X speakers powered with Audio Research REF 6/150SE power.....Any opinion between Nordos or Transparent or any other speaker/interconnect cables would be greatly appreciated......thanks

Last edited:
I'm sure that combination sound amazing together. It is another world from where the thread started.
Let us know how the ARC compares with others you tried with the SummitX.
Enjoy

Thanks for the reply....I recently listened to the Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables....sounded very good but at this time have nothing to compare with.....still looking and in need of more info via recommendation or audition....

I suggest that you go The Cable Company route and try out different cables in your system. In addition to stuff at the Nordost price level, I suggest that you try out cables from companies like Signal Cable and Blue Jeans; a number of people here swear by them.

Have ended up with the ML Summit X speakers powered with Audio Research REF 6/150SE power.....Any opinion between Nordos or Transparent or any other speaker/interconnect cables would be greatly appreciated......thanks

fantastic combo ! would love to get the ref 6 myself having had ref 5 and 5se
as to cables analysis plus are good value and excellent cables

I see excellent reviews of the Transparent cables.....any thoughts on those....will check out Signal Cable and Blue Jeans.....thanks

Thanks for the info hifinutt....will add analysis plus to the list to check out.....

Back