Distorting panel

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electric eye

Reaction score
...Good day all!
I have a pair of ESL's and one of the panels is distorting quite harshly like a blown speaker would sound, these are not even a year old yet!. I have power to the speaker as demonstrated by the blue led, and I checked all speaker cables on the speaker and the amp, and I even switched the right and left speaker wires and its still distorted???.Not impressed for sure!...any thoughts are appreciated?

Hola. Please, before attempting to call ML service dept, I do believe that the problem is one channel of your amp...please swap the left speaker for the right and try again. If the problem remains in the same channel, then its the amp. If the problem its at the same speaker, then its something inside the cabinet of the speaker, not the panel.

Contac Dana [email protected] He will guide you to track fast and right the problem of your Electromotion. You can call him tomorrow too, at ML Service Dept. Hi is a gentleman and very knowledge person. Do not worry. You will be in one of the best hands of the ML Service Dept.

Thanks for the compliment... I think that I am a lucky person to be with ML sound since 28 years by now. Happy listening!

Hi, Electric Eye,

I just posted a thread complaining about the same problem, only that I swaped the speakers and even reversed the channels but it still distorts.
Mine are the Ascent's.
Did you got any solution?
Many thanks

I had the panel wires go loose. It sounded like distortion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It could be dust so you could try and clean it with compressed air which is more powerful than a vaccuum. It could be the bias supply as well, I guess.

Great news!...I have my ESL's back up and running now thanks to the great service I received from Scott Gribble of ML service dept. It turned out to be the power supply and he couriered one up to me here in the Great White North and had everything running in mere minutes...Phew!. Hopefully that was a fluke and they will run flawlessly for millenia!...Thanks Scott!

Back