Dsp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beek

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Now that I am done with treatment (acoustic) ha. I'm interested what you guys are using for DSP speaker and room management
If you can please take a moment let me know what units you are using?:confused:
;)

Bill, there are an increasing number of products costing anywhere from a couple of hundred to $40K. If you can define what you would like to accomplish and a notional budget I can point you to appropriate solutions. I've owned a few and experienced many more.

Bill, there are an increasing number of products costing anywhere from a couple of hundred to $40K. If you can define what you would like to accomplish and a notional budget I can point you to appropriate solutions. I've owned a few and experienced many more.

Thanx for responding I am looking to X/O bi-amp and flatten the room response something similare to a DBX unit but much better quality, curious which unit is 40 G'S the Galileo?

Thanx for responding I am looking to X/O bi-amp and flatten the room response something similare to a DBX unit but much better quality, curious which unit is 40 G'S the Galileo?
X/O bi-amp how many channels? How many subs? Whatever you use will be inserted between source/preamp and amp(s), yes?

Trinnov Altitude 32 channel is king of the hill for ~$40K.

Thanx again

2 in 4 out x/o ability for 4 subs, 2 channels

Bill, ass-uming you mean 2 input channels>4 crossovered channels to biamp your mains + four more channels to four subs, all channels equalized, I'd have a look at the miniDSP DDRC-88DA. It's a hugely popular solution using Dirac Live, with customizable target curves and mixed-phase correction.

User thread here: **miniDSP DDRC-88A Official Thread**8-channel AI/AO Dirac Live in a box I know the principal players in the thread well - they know the product inside out and are happy to help answer specific questions.

Wonderful discussion about the virtues of mixed-phase (and Dirac) in this podcast:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2zEKoJAKFbM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well worth watching in it's entirety. Let me know if this is the sort of thing you're looking for.

Last edited:
Bill, ass-uming you mean 2 input channels>4 crossovered channels to biamp your mains + four more channels to four subs, all channels equalized, I'd have a look at the miniDSP DDRC-88DA. It's a hugely popular solution using Dirac Live, with customizable target curves and mixed-phase correction.

User thread here: **miniDSP DDRC-88A Official Thread**8-channel AI/AO Dirac Live in a box I know the principal players in the thread well - they know the product inside out and are happy to help answer specific questions.

Wonderful discussion about the virtues of mixed-phase (and Dirac) in this podcast:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2zEKoJAKFbM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well worth watching in it's entirety. Let me know if this is the sort of thing you're looking for.

Yes it is, wondering where the spec is regarding the x/o and slope and filter types will dig further.

Hey Guys,
Now that I am done with treatment (acoustic) ha. I'm interested what you guys are using for DSP speaker and room management
If you can please take a moment let me know what units you are using?:confused:
;)

Hi beek!

I have a very low cost recipe for average sound. I employ the following:

Dell Optiplex 3020 computer.

JRiver Media Center 20. $50. Runs high resolution music files and upsamples to 384khz.

Audioquest Jitterbug. $50. Noise filter.

LH Labs Geekout V2. $250. High Resolution DAC.

Any $50 J2P cable. I use QED J2P cable.

Denon 1510ae amplifier.

Conclusion:

Sounds comparable to my $500 Marantz CD6004.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is, wondering where the spec is regarding the x/o and slope and filter types will dig further.

Bill, crossovers are not as easy as I had hoped, but can be sorted. You have a PM.

Back