Greetings from Portland, OR, new to the forum

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSausage

Reaction score
I had no idea that this forum existed until a Martin Logan customer service representative told me about it. I own several ML packages for different rooms in the house. The MLT-1, MLT-2 and most of the Motion lineup. I'm currently thinking about purchasing the entry level electrostatic ESL's. I'll look for a more appropriate place on the forum to ask questions regarding it.

Tony.

Welcome Tony!
My suggestion is get an ML ESL hybrid that has the basics right: ESL w decent line-source approximation (so over ~40 inches height) plus woofer in sealed box with active crossover. No ports, no passive radiators, and no passive crossovers.

Tony, if the Electromotion ESL fits your needs and your budget, just set them up properly in your room, relax and enjoy the music. I've lived with electrostatic speakers for over forty years and am very happy with my EM-ESLs. Whatever you do, don't develop a case of audio nervosa. Been there, done that.

Thank you for the welcome guys. I'm planning on purchasing them in February unless they release a newer version of them. I'm also unsure what amp i'll need to power them properly and how to make them work with my 7.1 system in the living room.

Latest posts

Back