SL3 upgrade to Prodigy worth it?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Timm you nailed it. Could not have said it better. I have a 14 year old pair of Prodigy's and they are still killer speakers for the price I recently sent the high passes back to ML to replace the caps they sound great. I use them as my rears in my 7.1 for sure ML's biggest area of improvement is the bass to panel integration.
Q
GaryG

Haha! Thanks Gary ... I thought so too. :). Now to the OP - in case you do not know - Gary owns Neoliths. I personally own the Odyssey - the Prodigy's little brother. Just to give you some perspective.

Haha! Thanks Gary ... I thought so too. :). Now to the OP - in case you do not know - Gary owns Neoliths. I personally own the Odyssey - the Prodigy's little brother. Just to give you some perspective.

Thanks gary and timm,
Interesting you mention the odyssey's those can occasionally be had around £500 more than the SL3 value and over £1k less than the prodigies?
Would the odysseys be almost as good a step up.

PS Prodigies as rears!!! I am sooooo jealous.

Last edited:
Thanks gary and timm,
Interesting you mention the odyssey's those can occasionally be had around £500 more than the SL3 value and over £1k less than the prodigies?
Would the odysseys be almost as good a step up.

PS Prodigies as rears!!! I am sooooo jealous.

I really like the odyssey. It has more mid warmth than the ascent. They are good on their own but with a descent sound better I think. Personally if I were going that route I'd go for the prodigy. But if price is a real issue ... Well I like the odyssey. They can be magical with the right source. Either speaker is one you wouldn't want to sell even if you moved to something else. That is sort of where I am at. I really like the magnepan 20.7 and will get them. Am I selling my Odysseys ? No way. :).

Back