Copying music from YouTube

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

Reaction score
What is the recommended software/conversion site to use if I want to capture the music portion alone from a YouTube video?

Yes, I know that it will be low resolution, but it's the music in which I'm interested, and hang the HiFi part.

Which sounds best? :devil:

Hey Kedar, I'm sure if you put a Mook on top of your computer while you save the file (and maybe a super-magic dot or two as well) you'll get much better sound quality out of any of them! :devil:

Oh, and don't forget to treat your hard disk with a GSIC while you're at it http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/chip/chip.html

And make sure you're using a linear power supply to "reduce noise". That's essential !! :)

And make sure you've run Audiophile Optimiser Pro too. Nothing worse than an "errant process" or two muddying your top-end. :wtf:

And Audioquest e-SATA cables (do they even make them?) with Oyaide recepticles. Or does serial-attached-SCSI sound better?

And has anyone bothered to compare ISPs? When I switched from Telstra to Optus I found the spatial presentation really opened up. They must have their data centre kitted out with those damned AudioQuest USB cables..... :banghead:

Last edited:
Kedar says I am only getting 20% of what my Lampizator is capable of. I'm going to do everything you suggest Adam:D:ROFL:;)

I've been waiting for the appropriate thread on which to post a couple of things; this is it (curiously, a thread I started).

1) I got a chuckle out of a sentence on an Australian forum, at the end of a post where the poster enquired about what digital cable to buy. The sentence was:

"Those that believe that digital cables do not affect the sound need not share their theory and knowledge here please."

2) And here was a response on another forum, to the statement that different capacitors have no audible impact on sound:

"Well, this thread is leading us to the big subject of hi fi : where are the limits between consensual scientific knowledge and empirical knowledge? They have to exist together, that's how science progresses. That's also how hifi keeps going on. Implementation, experimentation, etc. It means that we can't measure everything. Tomorrow we'll be able to measure and understand things that are obscure today. Today we can make things that will work better than others, even if we don't know why. Many times we know that something sounds better but we can't fully explain. Hi fi has a lot of this kind of "avangard" situations among lots of "********", I must recognize. Hifi lives in this area and many manufacturers make a profit out of it."

By virtue of what digital means, unless you are losing data or your digital input is not properly isolated, it is simply impossible for it to have an impact unless you imagine it does. There is ZERO magic in digital communication. Data either exists or it does not. There is nothing in between.

Capacitors are another story, but their impact completely depends on their application.

Mark, my intent was not to start another digital cable discussion. I just got a chuckle out of that comment, so thought I'd post it.

Hi yes, I heard Adam runs wild on that Australian forum

I wouldn't say funny so much Bernard. The last quote (particularly) makes some very poignant points.
Adam, the chuckle was with reference to the first quote only, considering some of the discussions on the subject here, and that the poster was not interested in the opinion of anyone who wanted to shoot him down.

I agree with the second in that I'm not in the "We can measure everything" brigade. I also agree that there's a lot of snake oil in this hobby.

Kedar says I am only getting 20% of what my Lampizator is capable of. I'm going to do everything you suggest Adam:D:ROFL:;)

Tell him that that Lampi must be a pretty crappy design if it loses 80% of its capability if you don't put a Mook on top of it :)

Tell him that that Lampi must be a pretty crappy design if it loses 80% of its capability if you don't put a Mook on top of it :)

Did you read the instructions? You need to pat your head, rub your tummy, and hop on one leg simultaneously for full effect. There may also be a getto handshake in there somewhere, but I think that part may be superfluous.

Back