Roberto's client and friend

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Roberto's longtime client and friend has joined WBF. He is from Costa Rica and has the CLX Art, ARC Ref set up, and yes - Lampi golden Gate and shun Mook mpingo discs, diamond resonators, and spatial quartet.

Roberto, you are by far the best dealer, recommending your clients the best in every class :rocker:

Let us know what you think of the GG, but 6 months later. He is just setting up and the Lampi is like a TT - the tonearm and cart makes a big difference. every valve step up will produce big jumps.

Hola Kedar...yes, we do know about it. NOS tubes are the one that we liked...but there are Russian tubes, not too expensive with great results...the thinking here is that you have to try several and choose the ones that you did like a lot. Here in Costa Rica, there are not too many options regarding this. I do have a good friend at The tube store, and he is always supplying us gook quality sounding tubes.

Regarding the DACs, there is a Canadian Brand, Exasound, that its making a great not too expensive DACs...of course the Lampizator is the winner. Believe me, Exasound is that good too.

Happy listening!

Regards Kedar!

Hi I know exasound well. I would go with it for MCH, though now merging NADAC is better for MCH though more expensive than exasound. As for price, big 7 is sufficient, GG not required.

Anyway the GG will be improve by a few multiples in a few months.

Kedar, I do know your liking, and I do think that we almost like the same quality sound. But remember my analogies: Sound loving is like food. Some people like it with tons of condiments, other like it simple. Its a manner of liking for different tastes. As an example, I do like hot spice chilly, garlic and onions. Others at 2 meters away, had detected the food with those condiments...and hate that kind of condiments. We hear different than others, even having good trained ears. But a guitar is a guitar, and a piano its a piano, here, there and everywhere (sounds like a name of a Beatles song).
Happy listening!

Hi Roberto, in some cases, it is a preference I.e. Bit bright or not, maybe someone prefers more bass, someone more midrange, etc. But sometimes it's clearly better...everything is more...soundstage, bass, decay, details, dynamics, tone, and top it up with flexibility to change all those parameters.

Yup, right. That´s why when you find people that understood what you are showing, they became to be audioaficionados too. Its not an easy task, but you find them and they do love what they are listening at their improved systems. You too are one of those, Kedar. Its a pleasure to find people like you. Glad you are here! Happy listening!

Roberto another friend of yours, Roch from Costa Rica, turned up on WBF and he too has the Big 7 and the CLX. You need to get him some mooks under that Lampi though.

Thanks Bonzo. Roch is the most Shun Mook user that I have. He has all the Shun Mook products, since 1993!, when I met the Shun mook monks products at the Summer Consumer Electronic Show at Chicago City...and also a very knowledge and super audiophile person. He has Conrad Johnson gear, and the first to have Lampizator dacs here. He is now working with two computers at the same time, and a DSD native user. He likes jazz and classical, but mostly a high quality recordings, no matter the type of music. He just love to listen the musician(s) having fun! He is a very lovey person!
Regards Kedar!

Back