ISIS. I think they are

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what I do know is that they are 'evil doers'.... and you can not kill innocents and expect anyone to be helping your cause. Reflecting back on George W. Bush's speech (Gordon's favorite president... Where the hell is Len??)....about - if you support terrorist activity in your country - you are our enemy... you are either with us or against us... type of mentality..... Do we agree with that yet?? Do we believe that if countries support terrorist groups that we should get involved militarily? If this would have happened in the States - what would your answer be then? Did the Iraq piece fuel this.... or did it actually delay it??? Has the Obama administrations policies helped or hindered this type of terrorist activity and the growth or so it seems of a terrorist group? Just some open ended questions for you to stir it up a bit... :)

Still here, lurking from time to time. Very thoughtful of you ask -- always nice to be remembered...

Actually, you pose some very good questions. Perhaps only the future will provide appropriate insight and answers to these questions.

Overall, I am appalled at those who seek to demonize and blame President Obama for ALL of the world's problems, while making sure to never acknowledge his contributions to making things better.

Unfortunately, I suppose that it is appropriate to say that GWB was not quite as awful and inept as he appeared. Give me some slack here...these are difficult words to type...:D;)

Last edited:
Overall, I am appalled at those who seek to demonize and blame President Obama for ALL of the world's problems, while making sure to never acknowledge his contributions to making things better.

Unfortunately, I suppose that it is appropriate that GWB was not quite as awful and inept as he appeared. Give me some slack here...these are difficult words to type...:D;)

Lol. Awesome Len. Thanks for chiming in.

Agreed.

Seems like they are avoiding reality and trying to create an alternative universe.

Len. I couldn't agree more.

while making sure to never acknowledge his contributions to making things better.

In my line of work that's called …… 'doing your job' !!

Unfortunately, I suppose that it is appropriate that GWB was not quite as awful and inept as he appeared. Give me some slack here...these are difficult words to type...:D;)

Len, you are such a drama Queen……. :D

For the record we can say the same about Jimmy Carter and I'll go one step further, Carter might just be the best 'post' president we ever had for he did (IMO) more with what the office of President gave him after he got out than perhaps anyone else……….. and these were NOT difficult words to type !

In my line of work that's called …… 'doing your job' !!

Reminds me of back in the day when I worked at SAC HQS. We had a saying that the reward for a job well done was no punishment.

Len, you are such a drama Queen……. :D

For the record we can say the same about Jimmy Carter and I'll go one step further, Carter might just be the best 'post' president we ever had for he did (IMO) more with what the office of President gave him after he got out than perhaps anyone else……….. and these were NOT difficult words to type !

Well said. I absolutely agree, a shining example for all.

Really sad and barbaric stuff happening. People out having a good time shouldn't have to suffer through all this crap. I realize it's more easy to say than actually do, but I think we need to do all we can to finally make a concerted effort to stamp out ISIS and other terrorist organizations. No one likes to join a group that is obviously on the losing side of things, we need to make sure they are seen as losing. It's time to say once again you are either with us or against us, and nations need to ban together to make life miserable for these SOB's. What is the alternative, accepting this as the new normal? I know more people die in a bathtub each year than in terrorist attacks, but an old person slipping in the shower doesn't equate to a child being mowed down while watching fireworks, not in my mind.

Last edited:
Awful stuff. Given the "lone wolf" phenomena, not sure if there's anyway to stop them.