Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quest Restoration Project

Amazing! The Martin Logan Quest's look brand new. Great talent you have of bringing back to their maximum glory, relegated to the landfill, loudspeakers.

If you could please let us know whether installed are brand new electrostatic panels and woofers.

Great work!

Great job! I've been giving some thought to designing a frame for the panel and crossover only, to make a set of 'Mini CLS'. Since I have a relatively nice sub, it could prove to be interesting.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Krell KRC-3 / Bryston 4B-ST / ReQuest 2nd Gen / HiFiBerry DAC

Great job Sound. They look great and I can't wait to see more pics.

Thank You for the compliment!

The woofers are original. They were in outstanding condition so I chose to re-use them. I ran the serial numbers of the panels by Martin Logan and it turned out that they were once replaced. The story I got was that the speakers were still performing poorly even after the panels were replaced. The owner decided to buy a new setup and had the installers remove them from the premises. The HiFi shop that took them verified that both speakers had performance and cosmetic issues and placed them out by the dumpster. Luckily, I have a friend that works there and she contacted me to see I wanted them. I placed a few other posts on the issues and problems that I found with these. Talking with M-L technical support they said that I discovered many of the long term problems with these units. My posts may be worth a read for anyone who has Quests because they may be good preventive measures to take.
    Last edited by Soundtechguy; 10-22-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtechguy View Post
    Thank You for the compliment!

The woofers are original. They were in outstanding condition so I chose to re-use them. I ran the serial numbers of the panels by Martin Logan and it turned out that they were once replaced. The story I got was that the speakers were performing poorly and the panels were replaced, but more issues plagued these speakers. The owner decided to buy a new setup and had the installers remove them from the premises. The HiFi shop that took them brought them back to the shop and verified that they had a lot of issues. Since neither speaker worked properly and they look poorly they placed them out by the dumpster. Luckily, have a friend that works there and she contacted me to ask if I wanted them. I placed a few other posts on the issues and problems that I found with these. Talking with M-L technical support they said that I discovered many of the long term problems with these units. They commented that they would have done the same procedures if they were going to rebuild them. May be worth a read for anyone who has Quests because it may be good preventive measures to take.
    Thanks for taking time out and making the effort to respond to my question.

Thanks for providing history of Quest loudspeakers in summary form.

At this forum we all enjoy seeing images of audio equipment.

Look forward to seeing additional images of your impressive looking Quest speakers.

You've done a beautiful job bringing those speakers back from the dead, now looking better than new!