Replacement Jumper Cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinJS

Reaction score
Any and all biwireable speakers that pass through my hands suffer the same treatment.

It may be snake oil, and I'm sure the speaker manufacturers know what they are doing when they fit those little bridges, but I can't resist it, so in goes about a foot of suitably terminated 10 gauge speaker wire. Most of the time, I use a spade at one end and a banana plug at the other so that the speaker wire from the amplifier can be terminated with a banana plug.

Call me pedantic, but I think it looks quite good, and if it doesn't lead to an improvement in sound, it certainly causes no degradation.

IMG_6793.jpg

Hi Kevin,

A couple of thoughts.

1) Try the "diagonal" config. One main from your amp to the positive "top" terminal and the other to the negative "bottom" terminal. Use lug connects for this.

2) Use bananas to complete the wiring on the lug connects and then use lugs on the remaining open terminal.

Gordon

I use spades to the speakers, and jumpers made with lockable banana plugs. I don't like the fit of regular (non-lockable) banana plugs.

Agreed my friend. That's what I do "assuming" a spade connect is the gold standard.

Latest posts

Back