Sharing my audio journey

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuwee

Reaction score
Feel free to share yours, like minded or not...

Back in '79 or '80 my Father and I went to an upscale St. Louis audio salon. They had a private room set up for the new Hill Plasmatronics speaker,http://www.stereophile.com/content/hill-plasmatronics-type-1-loudspeaker#wS1vGbP0dX7s1bZe.97
we just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I was just 17 then, I still remember it like yesterday! They played the new original master recording of 'DSOTM' (I don't remember the turntable or the cart). There were about 15 of us in the small space, it started amazing, the bass was just ok.

When the clocks went off at the begin of 'Time', jaws dropped....did that just happen?? The immersion of sound was beyond what my little mind could stand. A almost zero mass driver of gas making sound....Shit on a single, Dang!

I then saved all my $$'s for a pair of AKG 340 headphones, the elecrostat/dynamic from the 1980's. God,they sang!

My mother bought me a pair of early Sequels at an estate sale around 2006, I was hooked. I've heard many box/cone speakers since then but...none have the effect of a low mass transducer!!

Feel free to share yours, like minded or not...

Back in '79 or '80 my Father and I went to an upscale St. Louis audio salon. They had a private room set up for the new Hill Plasmatronics speaker,http://www.stereophile.com/content/hill-plasmatronics-type-1-loudspeaker#wS1vGbP0dX7s1bZe.97
we just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I was just 17 then, I still remember it like yesterday! They played the new original master recording of 'DSOTM' (I don't remember the turntable or the cart). There were about 15 of us in the small space, it started amazing, the bass was just ok.

When the clocks went off at the begin of 'Time', jaws dropped....did that just happen?? The immersion of sound was beyond what my little mind could stand. A almost zero mass driver of gas making sound....Shit on a single, Dang!

I then saved all my $$'s for a pair of AKG 340 headphones, the elecrostat/dynamic from the 1980's. God,they sang!

My mother bought me a pair of early Sequels at an estate sale around 2006, I was hooked. I've heard many box/cone speakers since then but...none have the effect of a low mass transducer!!

My first amp tubes 5 watts a side 1967

1_b59aa6acfa41d5246f32232092f954d5.jpg

Back