new upgrade options

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Hi all....

I have been muddling with the idea of getting a pair of new speakers - but, have to re-finish the basement in order to make that happen.....(Maggie 20.7s) So, in the meantime I have thought of possible other upgrades..... I figure I have 3-5K to spend... and here is what I have:

denon 5900 universal
Squeezebox touch
cary slp98p
sunfire signature amp
ML odysseys

So... I was contemplating a lightly used ps audio directstream dac.... or what say you? I like my pre.... I do like my sunfire sig as well... but, where do you think I would find my best improvement in sound? what is my weakest link? thanks tim

Your weakest link is the passive xo to the bass drivers in the Odysseys, so find a way to go active xo there while leaving the ESL alone.

Your weakest link is the passive xo to the bass drivers in the Odysseys, so find a way to go active xo there while leaving the ESL alone.

I did forget to mention my descent as well. But I do know what u r saying. Anyway the 20.7 is in my future.

I went active xo (with a crude old active xo) for the bass on a pair of SL3 and now with my Ascenti. No more mushy boomy bass, and it can play very loudly. I left the stock passive eq and xo for the ESL alone for now, as I don't think those are weak links on the Ascenti.

Back