Does the Hsu Fit? A Look at the Hsu Research ULS-15 Mk2 Subwoofer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EscritorJuan

Reaction score
IMG_7767.jpg

He’s renowned for his polish and nuance, as in his work with The Crusaders, Steely Dan’s best selling album, Aja, and a slew of smooth jazz CDs. A prodigious L.A. studio musician in the 1970s, Larry Carlton’s signature sound graced chart-toppers, including some by Herb Alpert, Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson, John Lennon, and Jerry Garcia. But don’t let his G-rated demeanor fool you. He’s also been known to take a deep drag from a cigarette, place it on the end of his Gibson ES-335 and let it rip before a cheering throng in a packed bar. This is best exemplified in his album, Last Nite.

Thus, it should come as little surprise that I would include a few songs from this album in my evaluation of the ULS-15 Mk2 subwoofer, which is Hsu Research’s most musical and “spouse-friendly” sub. It’s diminutive compared to their lauded VTF-15 H and VTF-3 Mk5 HP end table-sized behemoths. Yet, I had read that this sealed subwoofer could really dig deep and rattle the room with startling deft and impact, and I wanted to find out for myself.

To read the rest, click on the link below:

http://www.ayllonmedia.com/1/post/2015/10/does-the-hsu-fit-a-look-at-the-uls-15-mk2-subwoofer.html

Back