E Cigarettes vapor and ML panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuwee

Reaction score
I did a search and no threads turned up. I don't smoke anything but, I have a few friends trying to quit smoking cigarettes and use e-cigs some with the flavored stuff that seems quite strong to me, some has nicotine added. It's a vapor that dissipates quickly but I can still smell it in the room hours later. Is there any research on deposits these things might leave?

I must say no one blows anywhere near the speakers, and most of my buds go outside to puff/blow. However, it's beastly hot in AZ in the summer and can get downright freezing for us natives in the winter nights. Thanks, Craig

I I have a few friends trying to quit smoking cigarettes and use e-cigs some with the flavored stuff that seems quite strong to me,

Your friends can do what you tell them to do in your house.

Whether smoke or vapour - if you don't want strong-smelling poisons being blown around your house then say so. End of story.

I did a search and no threads turned up. I don't smoke anything but, I have a few friends trying to quit smoking cigarettes and use e-cigs some with the flavored stuff that seems quite strong to me, some has nicotine added. It's a vapor that dissipates quickly but I can still smell it in the room hours later. Is there any research on deposits these things might leave?

I must say no one blows anywhere near the speakers, and most of my buds go outside to puff/blow. However, it's beastly hot in AZ in the summer and can get downright freezing for us natives in the winter nights. Thanks, Craig

You can get covers for your speakers. I just posted a pic of mine. The problem I have is dust. But you can get a pair made for your panels. They're at audioarmorusa.com
dustcover_small_pic.jpg

Last edited:
The e-liquid is made of veg glycerine or propylene glycol or a mixture of both. The smell comes from heating food flavourings. I know as I tried the pure liquids themsleves with just pure nicotine added.

You can tell your friends that nicotine by itself is not addictive. They are vaping pure nicotine and it is in everyone's bloodstream - it is in food.

What is addictive is burning nicotine with the alkaloids contained in tobacco.

A bit of food flavouring deposited on your panels once in a while will have zero affect on them. The amounts will literally be minuscule. The PG and VG liquids result in the emission of water vapour from the vaper's lungs. Harmless.

FWIW I find vaping pure nicotine really unpleasant. It is like drinking coffee but the effect of nicotine is quite like a bad version of a lot of caffeine. Too much gives you headaches, below that threshold is just not nice.

Others, however, seem to like it.

Hey thanks guys! I suspected that it was harmless to the panels in small quantities, I called ML and was told the same. I only posted to have a record on the subject for future info.

I've heard ML's that have been around cigs...and much worse like pot smoked around them and it isn't nice. crackin' and muffled highs, just not right.

Back