Newbie from Rural OHIO

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theother1

Reaction score
Hello All. New to the forum as I'm sure you figured out. I spend a lot of time over at Audiokarma and am big into large Vintage Infinities. But, I am just in love of the ML panel concept and want to learn more with the intent to purchase some day.

Theo,

Welcome to our little corner, yeah, we love being 'outside the box' over here !

Welcome

Welcome,

I used to own Infinity 4.5's (over a decade of happy ownership) and replaced them with Martin Logan reQuests. The logans were cleaner but did quite have the "presence" of the big infinitys. I bought myself a retirement gift in 2008 of new Summits and am a long time and very happy owner as the bass integration is better than Infinity or my older logans and they play loud and clean. A stat with ballls and as a rock lover they can hold up with rock and be sublime with classical and folk. The Summits are great speakers.

The infinity's are still in the family as I sent them to my brother as a birthday gift.

Steelhead: are you using spikes with your summits ? and are they on carpet or hardwood floors? Thanks

Steelhead: are you using spikes with your summits ? and are they on carpet or hardwood floors? Thanks

I am using the internal spikes that came with the Summits. So yes, spiked.

I have carpet over a cement floor. I have used both the Infinity's and Logans in the same room.

Cheers, Steelhead

Back