Preliminary new space

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beek

Reaction score
Finally getting new room into shape this is the start more traps and diffusion on the way IMG_0285.jpg

Crown by Harman has just come out with a new line of Recording and Broadcast power amps.
Powerful, high quality yet sanely priced. I was giving Crown DCi2 600 some thought for CLS.

Can the Vista’s be bi-wired? And if yes then will you employ the crown for the woofers and Bel Canto mono blocks for the electrostatic panels?
Should sound very good. You have a great audio system my friend.

Enjoy! my friend in the same boat as me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where'd you get the skyline, Bill? How do you like it, esp. center imaging?

they are
http://overtoneacoustics.com/Sound-Diffuser-Panel-18x18x4

I liked the spectralness of them till I put the GIK Polyfusors in the corners recently which kinda buried them

all the treatment is not permently hooked to the walls so I can play around

other stuff is Acoustimas bass traps and ASC traps and GIK QRD'S

Thanks!

Have you tried a poly in the center? I've been using a ~3' x 5' poly @ front center for about six months and the center image is rock solid, despite another two (HF) poly's (16" tube traps with reflective surface facing LP) in the two front corners.

not yet but I was thinking of exactly that pls feel free to throw any ideas at me since I discovered none of this is carved in stone :cool:

not yet but I was thinking of exactly that pls feel free to throw any ideas at me since I discovered none of this is carved in stone :cool:
That's for sure, especially when we start talking about dipoles. I wish I had some pearls of wisdom, but IME it's all about experimenting and more experimenting to discover what works for you, in your room.

When I had the Summits, I eventually settled on absorption on the front wall with a small ('cuz that's all I had) poly front center, sidewall absorption for the contralateral reflection area and QRD's on the back wall. Now, with the EP's, I've got full front wall diffusion (polys + QRD's), still absorbing contralateral reflections and absorption on the back wall. Why the difference in preference for two speakers which are both dipoles? Who knows. I'm interested in skylines at the moment as I want to experiment by replacing my ceiling absorbers with 2D diffusion. We'll see how it goes.

FYI, building poly's is cheap and easy, armed with basic skills and tools. See jhbrandt's Gearslutz post here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/6113584-post22.html and download the .pdf file about design and build. The 3x5' I built cost me ~$50 and a couple of hours labor.

I've got a new 3 pack of 2'x4' 4" thick Owens Corning 703 That I wrapped with burlap that I would be happy to ship off for half my cost in it.

You could use it for some inexpensive experimentation if you are interested.

Back