The Best of "The Alan Parsons Project".

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rehan Azim Hashmi

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Creator:

The Alan Parsons Project.

Creation:

The Best of “The Alan Parsons Project”.

Copyright:

This compilation, 1983.

CD Label:

Arista Records, Inc.

Genre:

Progressive rock, art rock, pop rock, soft rock.

PICT0351.jpg

Description:

This album audio quality receives a value of 3.5 from 5. The sound is smooth and not harsh at all. The mellow smooth audio quality makes me wonder whether tube electronics have been made use of to help record this album. Though I do not know for certain.

The music is great receives a value of at least 4.5 from 5. May or may not appeal to young people now days. Chances are will appeal to the older generation. This compilation has tracks ranging from time period 1977 to 1983. There are a total of 12 tracks. The Alan Parsons Project was a contemporary of Fleetwood Mac. This is evident by the music style which have some similarity with each other. I like listening to both Fleetwood Mac and Alan Parsons Project.

The following tracks have excellent music substance and sound very good or special through Motion 15:

Eye in the Sky.
You Don’t Believe.
Lucifer.

Two tracks, namely, Eye in the Sky and Lucifer are outstanding and a treat to listen to.

The following tracks have above average music substance and sound good through Motion 15:

I wouldn’t want to be like you.
Games People Play.
Pyramania.
Psychobabble.
Damned if I do.

The following tracks have average music substance and therefore sound ok through Motion 15:

Time.
Don’t let it show.
Can’t take it with you.
Old and Wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't disagree with the OP, I must say that I have just about every Alan Parsons Project recording on Lp (some 1st pressings) , and dups on CD, some never available on LP. Probably one of my favorite artists to listen to on ML's!! Please expand his work in your library if you like this type of music, many, many treasures await!! -----'A Valid Path'---- Just might blow your mind :bowdown:

I still love "Turn of a Friendly Card", but sonically, my UHQR of "I Robot" is among the best recordings in my entire library. Great stuff.

Back