Cd mats

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLIFF

Reaction score
Hi all, been a while since my last post. Would like to get everyones imput on cd mats ,what they are like ,are they worth getting ,and if so which one ???

Save up for a real upgrade.

Alternatively, just use a music server and take digital discrepancies out of the equation.

Hi Cliff,

Many products to choose from.

I used the Marigo signature mat for awhile. Had a definite impact sonically. Mids and highs appear to be more liquid and mid bass / bass seems to be a bit more present. However, it does impact the apparent "speed" of the transients, "air / space" around individual instruments, and imaging specificity. Definitely a try before you buy. Can purchase from Music Direct with a return policy. Be advised it will not work with some CDP's that have minimal vertical clearance between the drawer and top of the "slot" on the front of the machine.

If your system is a bit "top" heavy and lacking overall body, dimensionality and warmth, you may like it.

Hope that helps.

Gordon

Cheers amey, gordon, thanks mate ,that answers any questions i have on the cd mats.
I have been stunned by the isonode footers i have just fitted, was wondering if there are any more big bang for buck tweeks,still to go??? Many thanks cliff.

Back