Summit stat panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Has anyone had the pleasure of replacing the stat panels on there summit speakers? How hard was it and would it be something a user could replace? Thanks

Hola Ken. All Martin Logan products are made with the thinking that it might need service. Having this in mind, the ML engineers had designed all the product line for a "friendly user service". When ordering new panels, all of them come with a step by step directions procedure, and the list of all the tools necessary to do a clean work. You might need the help of a friend. You can ask to the ML service dept all your needs to do the job. Its a two hour task, and the instruction manual is very well explained. Get a friend with experience with tools and hand work.

What Roberto said. I've done it; albeit with Vistas not Summits. But very easy with the great instructions from ML.

I've just gone through extensive trouble shooting and repair of my Ethos, including swapping pretty much every component between speakers to isolate a dead stat panel problem on one speaker including swapping the stat panels. "Very easy" might be a bit of an understatement, but it is certainly very doable if you have a even modicum of handyman in you. The instructions from ML are very detailed and complete with lots of close up photos to guide you, and I have found the service technicians to be readily available over the phone. ML speakers are in fact designed in a modular way, for relatively easy dis-assembly, but the working room and wire service lengths are kind of tight. Just be careful and take your time. Are you sure it is the stat panel at fault? That was my first impression on my failure, but it turned out to be the back plate assembly, not the actual panel at all. Everything is up and running perfectly now, so if I can do it you probably can also.

Back